U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 06:21 AM

14,550 posts, read 22,415,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbergen View Post
um, the fans at the draft weren't booing drew brees. they were chanting "DREWWWWWWW".
No... they were just booing. The only time those scumbags weren't booing was for Tebow. Then all you could distinctly hear was laughing.

NEW YORK -- Every year, there is a team that puts on a clown suit and makes a fool of itself in the NFL Draft. Often, it's the Raiders. This year, it was the Denver Broncos, who were bamboozled by the man with the straight smile and crooked delivery.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2010, 10:15 AM

3,176 posts, read 4,638,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
I'm not sure...I figured we are a DB away from the Super Bowl and in a win now mode. I had hoped they would trade up for Wilson or Mc Courty. Now we get to face Suh and Best twice a year. We can recall how Best did in his last visit to Minnesota.
Well, they didn't go for Clausen. Instead they picked even smarter than that if the goal is the Superbowl next year. If there was ever any doubt about whether the Viking brass were gearing up for one big push to the Superbowl, that's been dashed.

They filled the 2 most glaring very short term needs they have in picking Chris Cook to shore up a banged up secondary and Toby Gerhart to fill in for the departure of Chester Taylor at running back. Both will have to be instantly effective for this strategy to work.

Clausen would have been the pick if they felt a need to build for the future. To the Vikes, the future is now.

Old 04-24-2010, 11:45 AM

6,183 posts, read 4,988,984 times
Holy crap Millen said "Pollock" on air LOL

Old 04-24-2010, 01:35 PM

14,550 posts, read 22,415,763 times
I would never want to go so far as to say I can post whatever I want when I want. Getting TOS pointed out to me should only come from a mod, according to the TOS, if I'm not mistaken.

It's true that we should have a right to root for our team, but there's a line there when it comes to bashing other teams and stuff. I love the team the Denver Broncos used to be. I'm not happy with recent personnel changes, especially in the coaching staff. I don't mind having a few bad boys on the team, so long as they learn to dust themselves off when they stumble. But when they do knucklehead stuff, they will be held accountable, especially by its own fans.

It's good to have two sides of a story. I'm not gonna credit Josh with the Glee club that he's forming until it brings forth W's and retribution and punishment to some teams that have spanked them over the last 4 years or so. Until then, you can have your X's and your O's. I'm gonna play dumb. I'm gonna Forrest Gump this thing out... stupid is as stupid does.

Josh McDaniels needs to stop doing STUPID!

I mean nothing personal to any individuals who see this otherwise.

Old 04-24-2010, 04:46 PM

17,032 posts, read 26,873,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Mel Kipers #4 overall goes 48th. He's such a superdoosh.
I wonder if Mel will be able to explain the why his #4 will get about $45 MILLION less at the point he was really drafted. Saw that number based on Sanchez contract at #5 last year.

Old 04-24-2010, 06:20 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,853,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
I wonder if Mel will be able to explain the why his #4 will get about $45 MILLION less at the point he was really drafted. Saw that number based on Sanchez contract at #5 last year.
Him and McShay were going at it over the Clausen deal. McShay was pretty much calling him out saying that he was wrong.

Mel was saying him going 48th had nothing to do with his ability, it had to do with personnel problems with the NFL teams. Personnel problems? riight. He was losing it on live TV, it was hilarious.

Last edited by nevergoingback; 04-24-2010 at 06:32 PM..

Old 04-24-2010, 06:21 PM

9,807 posts, read 13,455,895 times
Very disappointed with the TV coverage of the draft.

After the 1st round or so, the tv "airheads" must have thought we were only interested in listening to them talk. They talked and talked right thru players being drafted and by the time they quit talking, they went back to the 4 selections we didn't see and did a re-cap on them.

Is this what is considered-------- live coverage on the NFL draft ?

It would be like basketball commentators having the cameras on themselves, then re-playing the last 4 baskets being made.

After getting sick of listening to them, I turned the tv off.

Old 04-24-2010, 06:31 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,853,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
I think the real live coverage of the draft this year was on Twitter.

Sad.

Old 04-24-2010, 07:35 PM

13,930 posts, read 19,149,139 times
Quote:

After the 1st round or so, the tv "airheads" must have thought we were only interested in listening to them talk.
Pretty much what happens whenever Mel Kiper is involved.

Old 04-25-2010, 09:46 AM

17,032 posts, read 26,873,644 times
Quote:

After the 1st round or so, the tv "airheads" must have thought we were only interested in listening to them talk. They talked and talked right thru players being drafted and by the time they quit talking, they went back to the 4 selections we didn't see and did a re-cap on them.

It would be like basketball commentators having the cameras on themselves, then re-playing the last 4 baskets being made.

After getting sick of listening to them, I turned the tv off.
I agree. It just shows they (arguably) do the homework for the first round or two, and have little to add for the other 5. Unfortunately its the latter rounds Id like more info on. We get clobbered with all the first rounder stories for months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football