Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 04:01 PM

1,883 posts, read 3,002,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT Dave View Post
I agree, the Jags are probably the team most likely to move to L.A. I would love to see another team such as the Rams, Chargers, or Vikings move to San Antonio, but not the Raiders....I don't want Al Davis!...LOL.
I don't see any team having much success in SA.It is a small metro area even though the city is large.And the Cowboys rule Tx except for the island of Houston,which has already had the Oilers defect.

If no team is willing to try LA again,(it is retarded that the 2nd largest metro area in the nation has no football team) then a medium size metro area that doesn't have a team would be a good shot.Portland or Vegas.Bottom line is that football is about maxed out unless we expand into Mehico or Canada.

BTW,congrats on the Eagles.Unless you are a Cooper guy.Was in Abilene watching it on TV.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2010, 06:05 PM

927 posts, read 1,390,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
I don't see any team having much success in SA.It is a small metro area even though the city is large.And the Cowboys rule Tx except for the island of Houston,which has already had the Oilers defect.

If no team is willing to try LA again,(it is retarded that the 2nd largest metro area in the nation has no football team) then a medium size metro area that doesn't have a team would be a good shot.Portland or Vegas.Bottom line is that football is about maxed out unless we expand into Mehico or Canada.

BTW,congrats on the Eagles.Unless you are a Cooper guy.Was in Abilene watching it on TV.
You're completely wrong on San Antonio. With over 2 million+ inhabitants San Antonio is already larger than about a half a dozen cities that currently have NFL teams. And, not everybody here is a hated Cowboy fan myself included. In fact there are many football fans in San Antonio that couldn't care less about the reviled Dallas Cowboys. I follow the Redskins for instance.

The tired old arguments that try to paint San Antonio as not being capable of supporting NFL football are just that, old and tired. San Antonio is a large, booming area with a strong economy and getting bigger everyday. Filling up the Dome for a few dates a year would not be a problem. And then whatever subsequent replacement stadium that would be built later on.

Old 04-24-2010, 08:59 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,566,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David674UT View Post
I think Jacksonville is probably most likely to move to LA,their home attendance is absolutely pathetic. I could see the Rams going somewhere else like San Antonio,I don't see them staying in St Louis for very much longer.

This topic sucks

Old 04-24-2010, 09:02 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,566,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
I'd say the Vikings, Chargers, and Raiders all have more of a chance of moving right now than the Jaguars and (especially) the Rams.

The Vikings and the Chargers want new stadiums but are having a little trouble with that. The Raiders could move because Al Davis is their owner, and who the hell knows what he'll do? But Oakland also has one of the worst and most outdated stadiums in the leauge, so that could also be a factor.

The Jags are in talks to move only because of the poor attendance.

The Rams will NOT be movin' anywhere. They're not even in the convo....
The Jags are not in talks either. The media is pushing that adgenda.

Old 04-24-2010, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bresilhac View Post
You're completely wrong on San Antonio. With over 2 million+ inhabitants San Antonio is already larger than about a half a dozen cities that currently have NFL teams. And, not everybody here is a hated Cowboy fan myself included. In fact there are many football fans in San Antonio that couldn't care less about the reviled Dallas Cowboys. I follow the Redskins for instance.

The tired old arguments that try to paint San Antonio as not being capable of supporting NFL football are just that, old and tired. San Antonio is a large, booming area with a strong economy and getting bigger everyday. Filling up the Dome for a few dates a year would not be a problem. And then whatever subsequent replacement stadium that would be built later on.
San Antonio is a mediocre sized METRO area in a state with 2 pro football teams,one of them being one of the most successful franchises in NFL history in the Cowboys.Of the 7 cities with smaller metro areas than SA 4,Indy,Nashville,NO,and Green Bay,have no instate competition for fans.Two of the other smaller cities have teams in trouble and rumored looking to move,Jacksonville and Buffalo.The last,KC,if you know about their fans,you know they are an exception to the rule.And their instate competition for decades was the lowly Cards,the perennial cellar dwellers of the old NFC East .SA's best shot was NO,but that ain't happening since the SB win.

The Cowboys own everything outside of Houston,regardless of a few Cowboy haters here and there.SA may get a team someday,but holding a team there will be a different story.Heck,SA doesn't even have a college team to support.

Last edited by lifertexan; 04-24-2010 at 10:38 PM..

Old 04-25-2010, 12:03 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,922,581 times
I'd say the Jaguars as attendance is one of the big drivers. Also agree that my Vikings better get a new stadium or they may move. San Diego I think is also very likely. The Rams will only move if the owner wants to, they have support.

Old 04-25-2010, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
San Antonio is a mediocre sized METRO area in a state with 2 pro football teams,one of them being one of the most successful franchises in NFL history in the Cowboys.Of the 7 cities with smaller metro areas than SA 4,Indy,Nashville,NO,and Green Bay,have no instate competition for fans.Two of the other smaller cities have teams in trouble and rumored looking to move,Jacksonville and Buffalo.The last,KC,if you know about their fans,you know they are an exception to the rule.And their instate competition for decades was the lowly Cards,the perennial cellar dwellers of the old NFC East .SA's best shot was NO,but that ain't happening since the SB win.

The Cowboys own everything outside of Houston,regardless of a few Cowboy haters here and there.SA may get a team someday,but holding a team there will be a different story.Heck,SA doesn't even have a college team to support.
Blah, blah, blah. Keep on pushing that old Dallas is the center of the Universe garbage on everybody. Fact is the commissioner himself, in a visit to San Antonio on 10/08/2008, stated that San Antonio would be an excellent spot for a franchise. Possibly even an expansion team. The only thing that is preventing a team from relocating here as well is the lack of a new CBA between the players and the owners. Not that San Antonio could not support a team for any reason.

And reading hateful crap like what you post is one of the very reasons that I despise the Evil Empire of football. The team is smug, arrogant and overrated and their fans are a bunch of overly boastful, fair-weathered blowhards. Are Dallas fans a microcosm of the city of Dallas? Definitely.

Old 04-25-2010, 01:21 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,902,608 times
Quote:
Blah, blah, blah. Keep on pushing that old Dallas is the center of the Universe garbage on everybody. Fact is the commissioner himself, in a visit to San Antonio on 10/08/2008, stated that San Antonio would be an excellent spot for a franchise. Possibly even an expansion team. The only thing that is preventing a team from relocating here as well is the lack of a new CBA between the players and the owners. Not that San Antonio could not support a team for any reason.

And reading hateful crap like what you post is one of the very reasons that I despise the Evil Empire of football. The team is smug, arrogant and overrated and their fans are a bunch of overly boastful, fair-weathered blowhards. Are Dallas fans a microcosm of the city of Dallas? Definitely.
San Antonio's gonna get a team eventually. And the "blowhards" don't represent ALL Cowboys fans...

Old 04-25-2010, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
San Antonio's gonna get a team eventually. And the "blowhards" don't represent ALL Cowboys fans...
Thanks JJG. And I apologize for insulting any of the decent, good-natured Dallas Cowboy fans.

Old 04-25-2010, 05:24 PM

Quote:

If you think there was anything hateful in stating that SA is not a large metro area and Texas has tons of Cowboy fans any SA team would have to compete with then you really need to consult a doctor about some medication.Or grow up and quit being a whinebag.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football