U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 12:51 PM

15,908 posts, read 10,081,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
I really wanted BQ to work out in Cleveland, especially since we actually wanted to be a Brown. BQ did have it tough in Cleveland, but also his fundamentals were not that great either.

Colt was a great pick, especially were we got him in the draft. Like texdav said about his abilities and leadership.

I'm excited about Cleveland's future now. I'm hoping for a 9-7 or better season in 2010, maybe a wild card in 2011 and a division championship (or better) by 2012.

Could be sooner rather than later. We've got a legitimate front office now, with true football people running things. Don't count the Browns out in knocking off a few teams on their schedule this year. I could see us splitting with Pittsburgh again this year, and yes maybe (GASP) a sweep this year with the whole Big Ben distraction. That team isn't the same team that it was in 2008. I can also see splitting with the Bengals as well. Baltimore is the only team in our division that I can't see us beating.

I also like the Colt McCoy pick, and I really wanted to see Quinn work out, but s*** happens. You know it's funny for a team that was known for some great QBs in it's history... Otto Graham, Frank Ryan, Bryan Sipe, Bernie Kosar... a good QB has sure alluded us in recent times. Then again there was a time when the Cleveland Browns were at one time considered the New York Yankees of football. Lately we're used in the same sentence as the Detroit Lions when it comes to ineptness. Oh well, nowhere to go but up, and sooner or later "next year" will become now!

GO BROWNS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2010, 07:20 AM

1,563 posts, read 1,660,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I understand the hatred for Michigan, but Notre Dame not so much. Yeah Ohio State does have a lot of haters. Oh well. It seems that the national media as a whole has it out for our state, and especially Cleveland. I don't know why. We certainly have our issues, but it's not all bad.

My distaste for ND comes from back in the day when every college game wasn't broadcast. I'd get frustrated by the fact that while I couldn't always watch the Buckeyes, Notre Dame was on every week.

Old 05-13-2010, 12:44 AM

13,930 posts, read 19,160,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
I am not a Browns fan but a little curious... Why would the Browns trade a QB (Quinn) that they traded up to get to begin with, for almost nothing to Denver?? And then turn around to draft another QB now? All of that after they let Anderson go too! It makes no sense to me at all....

I am no genious but the Browns front office is about as competent as the Lion's and my Redskins'!
That's how guys like Holmgren, Parcells and others build franchises. They come in, burn it all down and start from scratch. Even good talent is shipped out if it doesn't fit their system.

Old 05-13-2010, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
That's how guys like Holmgren, Parcells and others build franchises. They come in, burn it all down and start from scratch. Even good talent is shipped out if it doesn't fit their system.
And it couldn't have happened soon enough IMO! The previous regimes going back to when the Browns started up again in 99 have made a mockery of a once great football organization! The good thing is that Lerner has the pockets, and will spend his money until he gets it right! With Holmgren, and Heckert in the front office, we are now heading in the right direction. Last year I took a wait and see approach which is unusual because with a new season, I was always excited. This year that excitement and optimism has returned! I feel as Browns fans we will soon be proud of this franchise again, and the city will soon have that electricity like it did back in the mid 80s when the team was a Super Bowl contender!

GO BROWNS!

Old 05-14-2010, 06:43 AM

5,802 posts, read 6,582,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Could be sooner rather than later. We've got a legitimate front office now, with true football people running things. Don't count the Browns out in knocking off a few teams on their schedule this year. I could see us splitting with Pittsburgh again this year, and yes maybe (GASP) a sweep this year with the whole Big Ben distraction. That team isn't the same team that it was in 2008. I can also see splitting with the Bengals as well. Baltimore is the only team in our division that I can't see us beating.

I also like the Colt McCoy pick, and I really wanted to see Quinn work out, but s*** happens. You know it's funny for a team that was known for some great QBs in it's history... Otto Graham, Frank Ryan, Bryan Sipe, Bernie Kosar... a good QB has sure alluded us in recent times. Then again there was a time when the Cleveland Browns were at one time considered the New York Yankees of football. Lately we're used in the same sentence as the Detroit Lions when it comes to ineptness. Oh well, nowhere to go but up, and sooner or later "next year" will become now!

GO BROWNS!
We'll we will know if the Browns are truly cursed if BQ becomes a superstar QB in Denver.

Old 05-14-2010, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
We'll we will know if the Browns are truly cursed if BQ becomes a superstar QB in Denver.

Or if Holmgren, and Heckert fall flat on their face here. We all know Cleveland is cursed. The Cavs proved that again last night. I'm trying to figure out how in the world that we can break the damn thing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or