U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 08:42 AM

15,908 posts, read 10,078,462 times

Advertisements

I personally like it. I think Brandon McDonald's days are numbered. We needed to get a shut down corner. With that, which QB do you think we're getting? McCoy or Clausen? Who do you want?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2010, 08:47 AM

5,288 posts, read 6,364,704 times
I was living with an ND alum when The Browns drafted Brady Quinn, he told me he felt bad for Brady since Clev. was one of the most anti-notredame areas in the country. I have no first hand experience of the ND-hate in Cleveland, but if that is the case, coupled with Brady Quinns shortcomings in a Browns uni, I bet the organization is leaning towards McCoy (whether its for the smart reasons or not)

Old 04-23-2010, 08:57 AM

3,675 posts, read 7,844,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I personally like it. I think Brandon McDonald's days are numbered. We needed to get a shut down corner. With that, which QB do you think we're getting? McCoy or Clausen? Who do you want?
I am not a Browns fan but a little curious... Why would the Browns trade a QB (Quinn) that they traded up to get to begin with, for almost nothing to Denver?? And then turn around to draft another QB now? All of that after they let Anderson go too! It makes no sense to me at all....

I am no genious but the Browns front office is about as competent as the Lion's and my Redskins'!

Old 04-23-2010, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
I am not a Browns fan but a little curious... Why would the Browns trade a QB (Quinn) that they traded up to get to begin with, for almost nothing to Denver?? And then turn around to draft another QB now? All of that after they let Anderson go too! It makes no sense to me at all....

I am no genious but the Browns front office is about as competent as the Lion's and my Redskins'!

I questioned that myself? Honestly, I wanted to see Brady Quinn work out, being that he grew up in Columbus, and was a life long Browns fan. To your previous question, Cleveland isn't anti- Notre Dame. There are a lot of ND fans here. It's mosty Ohio State Buckeyes fans who are anti-ND, which I never understood. I myself am a Buckeyes fan, and have no animosity toward ND. Now Michigan, that's another story.

With that being said, I'm hoping that the mistakes that have plagued the Browns organization since their return in 1999 are behind us, now that we have a new regime in place with Mike Holmgren, and Tom Heckert running things. Both are credible football guys, and I am hoping that they return the Browns to respectability. I'm tired of my greatest memories of the Browns being the 1980s. While that was a fun time, and the atmosphere in the city was electric, we ultimately came up short in the end. Things like Red Right 88, The Drive, and The Fumble really put a damper, on what was a great period in Browns history.

Old 04-23-2010, 11:00 PM

48,516 posts, read 83,943,432 times
Being a Texas fan I have watched McCoy for some years. I think other than brafords longer arm and being taller Mccoy is every bit as good. McCoy has a very fast release;is accurate.very mobile and picks-up scondary receivcers very well. He is actually better than Vince young as a pro chioce. Its all going to depend on his injury as i haven't seen him throw since. They got him at a very cheap price as the draft goes.He reminds me alot of Farve and Marino the speed he gets rid of the ball.Like Tebow he is a leader also with a great attitude. Since his dad is a successful high school head coach he has lived football much like the mannings his whole life.I know talikig to Jimmy Johnson who is from here as is wade phillips they love his quick release and accuracy. Much depends on his further development there really.

Old 04-23-2010, 11:54 PM

897 posts, read 1,457,958 times
Y'all got a great running back in Montario Hardesty! He's a good kid and will run hard for y'all.

Old 04-24-2010, 09:15 AM

2,368 posts, read 6,829,767 times
I think they have had a very good draft so far. Im already getting really excited about football season now. And the cool thing with getting Colt McCoy is that he won't have to start right away. And he will get to learn from a QB who has had a decent career. Also their secondary, which was a problem last year, should be much better.

Old 04-24-2010, 09:51 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,558,313 times
Well ya'll have a new Browns fan.I have followed Colt since he was beating up on my kid's high school team at Jim Ned.Great kid,hard worker,no off field problems.He will adapt to the pro style quickly.I would be disappointed for him personally though if MH hadn't come into the org.Hopefully he can fix things.

Be nice to have another team to cheer on next season.Good luck.

BTW,his go to guy and roommate at UT went to Cincy,so they get to play each other twice a year.Ironic.

Old 04-26-2010, 07:07 AM

Well, welcome aboard lifertexan! I can't believe McCoy fell as far as he did. I think that he will do fine as a pro. My only concern was their drafting TJ Ward who tends to be injury prone, but other than that I'm happy with their picks.

Old 04-26-2010, 11:04 AM

9,029 posts, read 16,433,841 times
I think you guys had a pretty good draft

as to the question posed by X-Greensboro .... you make those moves because Quin and Anderson aren't good QBs

you don't hold on to garbage just to keep garbage

by getting rid of them it opens up a need for a QB going forward - which is why you draft one

as far as needing to draft a QB because you traded up to select garbage the first time around - i'm pretty sure the browns are now 2 front offices removed from that move
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or