Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 08:13 AM

897 posts, read 1,688,689 times

Advertisements

If Ben gets traded will the Steeler fall pretty heavily,like they did toward the end of Cordell Steward's time with the Steelers? I thinking Pittsburgh could have a few down seasons before righting the ship again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2010, 09:13 AM

383 posts, read 222,672 times
I don't think so. I don't think we will win the North this season but IF we put Dennis Dixon in at Quarterback then we will have a decent season. A lot depends on what happens in the draft as well.

Old 04-22-2010, 12:59 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,372,237 times
I don't think so either. We will not be winning a SB title in the near future. But I think we can win some AFC North titles--obviously not this year. And like LostSoul said--depends what happens in the draft---never know who the Steelers will acquire!

Old 04-22-2010, 01:15 PM

1,895 posts, read 3,416,198 times
i think the steelers should draft Tim "the polar opposite of Big Ben" Tebow...

could you imagine him in a steelers uniform?? talk about smashmouth football...

Old 04-22-2010, 03:30 PM

897 posts, read 1,688,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugerjitsu View Post

I have my doubts about His passing right now. Pittsburgh would have to be patient and let Him develop for a while.

Old 04-22-2010, 03:58 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David674UT View Post
If Ben gets traded will the Steeler fall pretty heavily,like they did toward the end of Cordell Steward's time with the Steelers? I thinking Pittsburgh could have a few down seasons before righting the ship again.
I think the Steelers will have a horrible season if they deal Ben. Hines Ward who is their only proven receiver is getting long in the tooth. Their O-line is nothing special. Their D-line is also getting up there in age. Their LBs have two evolving players to go with two aging players. Their secondary is mediocre without Polamalu who may succumb to the Madden curse. They are defintely in trouble.

Old 04-22-2010, 09:54 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,144,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
I think the Steelers will have a horrible season if they deal Ben. Hines Ward who is their only proven receiver is getting long in the tooth. Their O-line is nothing special. Their D-line is also getting up there in age. Their LBs have two evolving players to go with two aging players. Their secondary is mediocre without Polamalu who may succumb to the Madden curse. They are defintely in trouble.
You definitely sound like a hater and apparently don't know who plays on this team. Heath Miller(one of the best in the league) is our TE and even our backup (Spaeth)are frequent targets of our QB, Mike Wallace is a stud who was just coming into his own last year. Ward probably will be here a year or 2 more but we will sign 1 or 2 more veterans at receiver. We also reacquired Randal El who is solid as a 3rd receiver. Then you have our solid running game and through the draft we just got a great center. This guy reminds me of the years of Dermontti Dawson, so on offense we are set. With Leftwich we will be very competitive. Sorry, Dixon isn't ready just yet, that's also why we extended Leftwich through next year too. On defense we have a mix of young and old including guys like Timmons, James Harrison, recently reacquired Larry Foote, and i'm sure we will draft a few guys tomorrow including at least one DB. The secondary I agree needs help. We are also getting back a 100% healthy Troy and if most of you remember, we win alot of our games on "D". Don't give up now Steeler fans. As long as Ben is on good behavior and does what he is required, he will be back after 4 games. I'm positive that Byron can at a minimum win 2 of the 4, so we will be fine. Next stop,playoffs.

Old 04-22-2010, 09:58 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,144,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugerjitsu View Post

Can't stand the guy. Also polar opposite would be Claussen. He is a quiet guy and probably will have a better future than Tim will.

Old 04-23-2010, 01:24 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,372,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
I'm positive that Byron can at a minimum win 2 of the 4, so we will be fine. Next stop,playoffs.
What makes you so sure that Leftwich will start? I'm betting that Tomlin starts Batch.

Old 04-23-2010, 02:48 AM

3,131 posts, read 9,375,591 times
^^^ Leftwich was the chosen backup when he played here before. It seems he would be the obvious starter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football