U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2010, 03:56 PM

8,225 posts, read 14,937,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I read on Wpvi.com that he was on 97.5 The Fanatic and aplogized to the Philly Fans for not winning a SB? Why did he feel the need to do that silly sh*T?

He gave them 11 great years and those ungrateful morons don't even appreciate that. I would say the HELL with all of them

Um, excuse me, but what was he paid to do? lose games?

His salary was mega bucks and he didn't deliver. Good that he apologized. But he should have returned some of his salary as well.

And not just him. These guys are paid very well - and it isn't to just go play and have a good time; they are paid to win. Don't win, reduction in salary - or at least have salaries far less and let them earn a bonus - win = bonus.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2010, 04:30 PM

13,300 posts, read 10,499,316 times
He tried but it did not work out, so I guess that now he will be torturing those same stupid fans when Washington comes to town..........Go STEELERS!

Old 05-16-2010, 04:44 PM

13,930 posts, read 19,157,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
Yeah, I didn't get it either. He does not owe Philly or their fans a single damn thing! I guess most Philly fans don't remember how they were the door mat of the NFC East before McNabb came to the league. With a few exceptions especially some of the fine folks on here, Philly fans are absolutely THE worst fans!
That's just McNabb being all class as usual.

Old 05-16-2010, 08:11 PM

1,620 posts, read 2,397,922 times
McNabb's not completely at fault. One man doesn't make a team. unless your fricken Tom Brady :P > anyways. What about the running backs and the defense and everyone else. McNabb doesnt have to apologize

Old 05-17-2010, 01:53 AM

1,261 posts, read 1,771,333 times
DC area guy but used to live in philly.

McNabb didn't need to apologize. It's a shame that he didn't win the thing, but when you go to the post season like almost every friggin year.......i mean jeez that's something in it's self.

Dunno how they'll get along with out him in the short term.

Old 05-17-2010, 07:52 AM

364 posts, read 629,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
McNabb is a good guy but in this case it is to a fault. He played his off for many years and got Philly closer to the Lombardi than Kolb will ever get them. He owes them nothing.

I think a 2-14 season would do the Eagles and their fans perfect justice for how they treated McNabb.

cosign 110%...I always thought McNabb was too nice...

Old 05-17-2010, 08:26 AM

6,777 posts, read 10,179,038 times
This thread is funny. I haven't been on too much lately, and I can see that I haven't missed much.

Old 05-18-2010, 05:35 PM

1,815 posts, read 2,091,252 times
[quote=Lancet71;14199549]McNabb was a standup guy that gave it all for the Eagles. You can't really compare him to RC because when he came into the league there weren't too many running QB's so it was a novelty and difficult to defend against. Remember when Miami first did the wildcat 2 years ago? Just a coincidence that they won the division with Pennington at the helm? McNabb was solid but unfortunately the team couldn't go all the way. Fans should have the utmost respect for this guy; a class act![/quote]

The Irish are known for being of strong character.

Old 05-18-2010, 06:08 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,615 posts, read 50,320,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post

His salary was mega bucks and he didn't deliver. Good that he apologized. But he should have returned some of his salary as well.

And not just him. These guys are paid very well - and it isn't to just go play and have a good time; they are paid to win. Don't win, reduction in salary - or at least have salaries far less and let them earn a bonus - win = bonus.

He became the greatest QB in Eagles history

Old 05-19-2010, 07:28 AM

322 posts, read 706,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post

I LOL at how so many fans feel that all it takes to win a Super Bowl (or World Series, Stanley Cup, etc.) is to simply want it more and that something that is incredibly hard to do - and honestly includes some luck - is to be expected. On average, a team will win a Super Bowl every 32 years. And that is assuming that not a single team wins more than one. It's not exactly that easy to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football