U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-15-2010, 04:31 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,285,298 times
Reputation: 9451

Advertisements

I read on Wpvi.com that he was on 97.5 The Fanatic and aplogized to the Philly Fans for not winning a SB? Why did he feel the need to do that silly sh*T?

He gave them 11 great years and those ungrateful morons don't even appreciate that. I would say the HELL with all of them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-15-2010, 04:55 PM
 
Location: Indianapolis
3,675 posts, read 7,841,166 times
Reputation: 2333
Yeah, I didn't get it either. He does not owe Philly or their fans a single damn thing! I guess most Philly fans don't remember how they were the door mat of the NFC East before McNabb came to the league. With a few exceptions especially some of the fine folks on here, Philly fans are absolutely THE worst fans!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2010, 07:16 PM
 
Location: Arlington, VA and Washington, DC
23,631 posts, read 33,419,067 times
Reputation: 32344
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I read on Wpvi.com that he was on 97.5 The Fanatic and aplogized to the Philly Fans for not winning a SB? Why did he feel the need to do that silly sh*T?

He gave them 11 great years and those ungrateful morons don't even appreciate that. I would say the HELL with all of them
McNabb is a good guy but in this case it is to a fault. He played his off for many years and got Philly closer to the Lombardi than Kolb will ever get them. He owes them nothing.

I think a 2-14 season would do the Eagles and their fans perfect justice for how they treated McNabb.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2010, 09:01 AM
 
Location: Silver Spring, MD/Washington DC
3,451 posts, read 8,151,746 times
Reputation: 2346
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
Yeah, I didn't get it either. He does not owe Philly or their fans a single damn thing! I guess most Philly fans don't remember how they were the door mat of the NFC East before McNabb came to the league. With a few exceptions especially some of the fine folks on here, Philly fans are absolutely THE worst fans!
Fact - between 1988 and 1998, the 11 seasons before the Donavan McNabb joined the Eagles, the Eagles had 7 winning seasons (all with at least 10 wins), 6 of them playoff seasons, 1 .500 season, and only 3 losing seasons (and 2 of those seasons the Eagles still finished close to .500, not reaching 10 losses). If you include the 1987 season but exclude the replacement player games, then the Eagles had 8 winning seasons in the dozen years before McNabb joined the team. That is not the record of a team being the doormat of the NFC East. The Eagles were terrible in 1998 (3-13), the year before McNabb joined the team, but that was the only season in which they were truly bad going back to the mid-1980s.

Speaking as an Eagles fan, McNabb didn't need to apologize to the fans for failing to win a Super Bowl; he should have apologized to his teammates instead for not stepping up his play in most playoff games, especially championship games. (Some of his teammates, especially on the defensive side of the ball, could have made the same apology to McNabb for the same reason.) He could also apologize to the media people who liked to say he was a great quarterback when in reality he was a good or very good but not great quarterback pretty much his entire career in Philadelphia excluding 2004 (the one season he was genuinely great).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2010, 09:06 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,285,298 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIP72 View Post
Fact - between 1988 and 1998, the 11 seasons before the Donavan McNabb joined the Eagles, the Eagles had 7 winning seasons (all with at least 10 wins), 6 of them playoff seasons, 1 .500 season, and only 3 losing seasons (and 2 of those seasons the Eagles still finished close to .500, not reaching 10 losses). If you include the 1987 season but exclude the replacement player games, then the Eagles had 8 winning seasons in the dozen years before McNabb joined the team. That is not the record of a team being the doormat of the NFC East. The Eagles were terrible in 1998 (3-13), the year before McNabb joined the team, but that was the only season in which they were truly bad going back to the mid-1980s.

Speaking as an Eagles fan, McNabb didn't need to apologize to the fans for failing to win a Super Bowl; he should have apologized to his teammates instead for not stepping up his play in most playoff games, especially championship games. (Some of his teammates, especially on the defensive side of the ball, could have made the same apology to McNabb for the same reason.) He could also apologize to the media people who liked to say he was a great quarterback when in reality he was a good or very good but not great quarterback pretty much his entire career in Philadelphia excluding 2004 (the one season he was genuinely great).


I think the poster was referring to the 98 and 99 seasons. Why would he be referring to the 1990-1997 era when we know that the Eagles had Randall?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2010, 09:58 AM
 
Location: Indianapolis
3,675 posts, read 7,841,166 times
Reputation: 2333
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIP72 View Post
Fact - between 1988 and 1998, the 11 seasons before the Donavan McNabb joined the Eagles, the Eagles had 7 winning seasons (all with at least 10 wins), 6 of them playoff seasons, 1 .500 season, and only 3 losing seasons (and 2 of those seasons the Eagles still finished close to .500, not reaching 10 losses). If you include the 1987 season but exclude the replacement player games, then the Eagles had 8 winning seasons in the dozen years before McNabb joined the team. That is not the record of a team being the doormat of the NFC East. The Eagles were terrible in 1998 (3-13), the year before McNabb joined the team, but that was the only season in which they were truly bad going back to the mid-1980s.

Speaking as an Eagles fan, McNabb didn't need to apologize to the fans for failing to win a Super Bowl; he should have apologized to his teammates instead for not stepping up his play in most playoff games, especially championship games. (Some of his teammates, especially on the defensive side of the ball, could have made the same apology to McNabb for the same reason.) He could also apologize to the media people who liked to say he was a great quarterback when in reality he was a good or very good but not great quarterback pretty much his entire career in Philadelphia excluding 2004 (the one season he was genuinely great).
Haha..haha.. In the seasons you mention above, they were "one and done" almost every year they went to the playoffs... How convenient to leave that out!

All I know is that growing up in the DC area as a Redskin fan in the 80s and early 90s, playing the Eagles meant wins...

And playoff time, the Eagles were always at home watching! Just look at all the Play off/Super Bowl appearances and/or wins in the NFC East from 1980 to 1999 and tell me about the Eagles Stats vs. other NFC Teams. It was always the Redskins, Cowboys and the Giants.

They did well in 1980 but lost in the Super Bowl, then they pretty much sucked until 1988 when they started going to the playoffs again but lost in the wild card round basically every year until 1992 when they actually won a play off game but lost in the divisional round. That was basically the story until 2000. During this same period, how many Super Bowl appearnces/wins did the Redskins/Giants and Cowboys have? I'll let you do the counting. Door mat of the NFC East is right!

The Eagle fans deserve lots of 4-12 seasons... bunch of ungrateful, unreasonable fans with a few exceptions of course (my friends back home and some on this site).

Last edited by X-Greensboro Resident; 05-16-2010 at 10:24 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2010, 10:17 AM
 
Location: Long Island,New York
8,163 posts, read 13,181,012 times
Reputation: 2488
McNabb was a standup guy that gave it all for the Eagles. You can't really compare him to RC because when he came into the league there weren't too many running QB's so it was a novelty and difficult to defend against. Remember when Miami first did the wildcat 2 years ago? Just a coincidence that they won the division with Pennington at the helm? McNabb was solid but unfortunately the team couldn't go all the way. Fans should have the utmost respect for this guy; a class act!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2010, 11:20 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,285,298 times
Reputation: 9451
I will be outside NAKED when he leads the Skins to a SB victory singing-

"YOU DON"T KNOW YOU HAD A GOOD THING UNTIL IT"S GONE"


LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2010, 11:28 AM
 
Location: Arlington, VA and Washington, DC
23,631 posts, read 33,419,067 times
Reputation: 32344
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I will be outside NAKED when he leads the Skins to a SB victory singing-

"YOU DON"T KNOW YOU HAD A GOOD THING UNTIL IT"S GONE"


LOL
I wouldn't hold my breath for the Skins to win a SB. I'd save the act for the 6 or less win season that the Eagles are due for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2010, 01:34 PM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
14,330 posts, read 19,538,449 times
Reputation: 18436
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I read on Wpvi.com that he was on 97.5 The Fanatic and aplogized to the Philly Fans for not winning a SB? Why did he feel the need to do that silly sh*T?

He gave them 11 great years and those ungrateful morons don't even appreciate that. I would say the HELL with all of them
McNabb just another good-natured Midwestern guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top