U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should all teams alternate every year, so all teams get a super bowl at their home stadium?
Yes 21 65.63%
No 11 34.38%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 08:20 AM

7,559 posts, read 11,901,289 times

Advertisements

The Game shouldn't be about what city has the best weather - it's football for crying out loud.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2010, 12:14 PM

67 posts, read 58,802 times
^ Agreed, Vegas would be a blast.

I believe every team should be on a rotation, but at the same time certain cities should be required to have a dome. Chicago, Green Bay and Minneapolis come to mind.

Old 06-09-2010, 02:27 PM

8,343 posts, read 14,108,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anp1983 View Post
I believe every team should be on a rotation, but at the same time certain cities should be required to have a dome. Chicago, Green Bay and Minneapolis come to mind.
Minneapolis already has a dome.

The overriding idealism in this thread is cute. However, most of you seem to not understand that the Super Bowl is a monster event that takes years to prepare for and that not every city in the NFL is capable of hosting. This is not just a weather thing. Jacksonville had to bring in boats to accomodate all of the people. Jacksonville was ripped to shreds for lacking the infrastructure a city needs to host the Super Bowl. Everyone, EVERYONE, needs to take note that Jacksonville, a city in Florida, struggled to host this event. You really think Green Bay could pull it off? Even if the Super Bowl was in June, Green Bay could not host it. Buffalo and Cincinnati would possibly struggle with hotel space. I don't know the exact numbers, but I do know that Cincinnati's lack of hotel space has been a very heated debate on the Urban Ohio forums in the past.

Old 06-09-2010, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
Minneapolis already has a dome.

The overriding idealism in this thread is cute. However, most of you seem to not understand that the Super Bowl is a monster event that takes years to prepare for and that not every city in the NFL is capable of hosting. This is not just a weather thing. Jacksonville had to bring in boats to accomodate all of the people. Jacksonville was ripped to shreds for lacking the infrastructure a city needs to host the Super Bowl. Everyone, EVERYONE, needs to take note that Jacksonville, a city in Florida, struggled to host this event. You really think Green Bay could pull it off? Even if the Super Bowl was in June, Green Bay could not host it. Buffalo and Cincinnati would possibly struggle with hotel space. I don't know the exact numbers, but I do know that Cincinnati's lack of hotel space has been a very heated debate on the Urban Ohio forums in the past.
I was not aware Minneapolis had a dome. Chill with the condescending attitude.

Jacksonville will not have a team, they are out of the equation.

Old 06-09-2010, 04:38 PM

13,300 posts, read 10,502,215 times
How about the previous year winner host the superbowl? It would provide drama and incenitive for cities (such as Pittsburgh) to build more hotels and better accomadations for vistors

Old 06-09-2010, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
How about the previous year winner host the superbowl? It would provide drama and incenitive for cities (such as Pittsburgh) to build more hotels and better accomadations for vistors
Pittsburgh should get a superbowl. Possibly the best football city in America.

Old 06-11-2010, 08:04 PM

8,343 posts, read 14,108,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anp1983 View Post
Jacksonville will not have a team, they are out of the equation.
Are you aware that I am referencing a Super Bowl that was held in Jacksonville a few years ago? We can't have a discussion if you are not aware of the subject at hand.

Old 06-12-2010, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
Are you aware that I am referencing a Super Bowl that was held in Jacksonville a few years ago? We can't have a discussion if you are not aware of the subject at hand.
Yes. Are you aware I said am talking about the future. No need to discuss a team to be in the rotation for a superbowl if they will no longer be in that city. Jax is moving.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football