Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2011, 01:07 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

M249 SAW Paintball gun

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

When I first caught a glimpse of the M249 SAW Paintball gun I could not believe my eyes. Later when I heard the price, I couldn't believe my ears. The M249 SAW paintball gun sells for $2500, it was the most expensive paintball marker I had ever heard of.
The all metal M249 SAW paintball gun is manufactured by Real Action Paintball, Inc of Santa Clara, California. They manufacture and distribute paintball guns not just to players of the popular sport, but also to military and law enforcement agencies. The military and law enforcement customers use the paintball guns for training and Real Action Paintball must marker the M249 SAW to these groups.
This paintball gun is modeled after the real military M249 light machine gun, also known as a SAW, Squad Automatic Weapon. The real weapon uses 5.56mm ammo, the paintball version shoots .68 caliber paintballs (which is the standard size for recreational paintball games). The M249 is gas-operated portable paintball gun with a 200 round magazine. This paintball puts out a ton of paint. It will empty the 200 round magazine in the blink of an eye, if the shooter is not careful.
The accuracy of this paintball weapon is below that of standard markers. But because of the wave of paintballs it throws at the opponent, accuracy matters less.
Keeping in line with the real weapon this is modeled after, Real Action Paintball, Inc has designed it with three firing modes: 3 round bursts, semi-automatic and full-automatic. I found the it worked best with the three round bursts, although it was most fun on full auto. The gas-operated gun can use both C02 and compressed air.
Real Action Paintball, Inc makes a variety of different paintballs which can be used with this gun or other paintball guns, including rubber and clear. I was not able to try these other paintballs in the M249 SAW. It is listed as having a maximum range of three hundred feet but only effective to about one hundred and fifty feet. It also has an adjustable velocity of 300 to 350 psi.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 26, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews