Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2011, 02:53 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,534,307 times

Advertisements

Magic Bullet MBR-1701 17-Piece Express Mixing Set

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

The Magic Bullet is an ultra-convenient gadget that has fully earned all of the hype and press coverage that it has received. I have been using it daily for two years, and it's still going strong. My full sized blender now sits in the back of my cabinet for most of the year. The Bullet is much more convenient and just as efficient- not to mention lighter! The price is very competitive with comparable blenders on the market, and this set came with many nice additions (though not all necessary) that the others did not offer. I use the Bullet primarily for making smoothies, so the handles on the blender cups are a nice feature. I do not use the screw-on rings anymore. I found that juice would get into the grooves and dry, making it very difficult to unscrew them for washing. The dried on juice is also difficult to clean. This was all just too much effort for a feature I didn't really appreciate anyway as I typically drink out of a straw. My one complaint is that the rubber seal on the inside of the blade attachment sometimes slips off while the blender is in use. Replacements are included in the set, but unfortunately I don't notice it has come off until I find pieces of it in my drink! I recommend that you check the seal regularly to make sure it is secure and not slipping out of place. I do this before each use now and it has helped.
That said, I would recommend this product to anyone looking for an affordable and versatile blender. I have used the flat blade to grind coffee, grate parmesan cheese, and grind spices- all with great success. I love the screw on top that allows you to use the container as a shaker, and the screw-on lids are convenient for storing left-overs. I use the large blade for pureeing soups, blending smoothies and drinks, whipping cream, mincing onions and garlic, whisking eggs, and so much more. Because I am always finding new uses for it, the Magic Bullet has gone from handy gadget to kitchen staple. I can no longer live without it.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 26, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews