Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2011, 01:53 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

Smartek 1200 Watt Self Cleaning Steam Iron

Rating: 3 out of 5
  • Currently 3.0/5.0

I spend a lot of time in the laundry room so when we purchase any product to help manage the laundry, I expect quality and look for convenient features. The Smartek 1200 Watt Self Cleaning Steam Iron isn't necessarily a bad product, but there are better steam irons on the market.

The iron is sold and marketed as a self-cleaning iron. The truth is, how much cleaning does an iron need? All irons are easily cleaned with a damp and dry cloth so this really isn't a good selling feature.

The iron has the nonstick soleplate surface like most newer irons which allows for an easy swipe across garments while ironing. However, I don't enjoy ironing enough to repeat the swiping process over and over again which is what happened while I used the Smartek iron. The iron was never hot enough to de-wrinkle my thicker clothing items.

I did enjoy the transparent water tank, which is convenient for monitoring water while steam ironing. However, overall I canĂ¢€™t say this iron was a smart purchase. The iron is pretty, if you buy a household product for outer appearances, but the overall functionality is just average. Then again, when we paid an average price, we expected an average iron.

This iron was recently replaced by a more durable cordless iron product and after using the other iron, I'm not sure why I didn't replace the Smartek sooner. Basically, when I ironed with this particular product, I tried to grab my clothes straight out of the dryer so I wouldn't work as hard trying to iron the wrinkles out of the fabric.

The Smartek 1200 Watt Self Cleaning Steam Iron made me work twice as hard for that finished professional look. There are better ironing products on the market.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 8, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews