U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2011, 05:20 AM

2,186 posts, read 7,533,844 times

Advertisements

Sony Bravia XBR series 46" LCD HD TV

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

Bringing a new Sony into our house is almost an annual ritual. So, last year we got our 46" Sony Bravia XBR High Definition LCD TV. I must say I was impressed. Extremely sharp picture, very fine details, great colors, almost like looking at the real life.

With a 46-inch screen, you do not need your glasses, every little detail is perfectly clear. This TV has
1080p with a 1920 x 1080 resolution, the highest resolution that exists on the market today.

The KDL-46XBR uses the latest Sony's HDMI 1.3 interface, for both audio and video signals, with the bandwidth to support both audio and video data.

I was worried that I would not be able to watch my old DVDs with such advanced technology, but Sony thought of that by their Bravia Engine Pro Full Digital Video Processor, which converts all different resolutions to 1080p so you can watch the old shows on your new fantastic screen.

Compared to most other displays, which are 8-bit, the KDL-46XBR is a 10-b it display with 10-bit processing. The added bit allows for a larger color palette for more natural color.

There are enough connections to plug in anything you want: three HDMI connections for Blu-Ray, HD DVD, two component video inputs, three composite video inputs, one S-Video input, one PC Audio and Video input. It does not have a popcorn machine included, but I have trust in Sony.

On top of all the technical features, this TV also looks fantastic. The one we bought has Sony's famous floating glass frame with a black bezel, but the bezel comes in different colors to fit your décor.

I am sure that this TV has been designed by men for men, because the only problem with it has to do with dark colors, making it very hard to watch old movies like Casablanca. I was told that all LCDs have that problem, which is not a good excuse, not for almost $1900, what we paid for this TV last year at the Sony shop.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews