Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2011, 05:09 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Cuisinart DLC-2 Mini Prep Plus Food Processor

Rating: 2 out of 5
  • Currently 2.0/5.0

Quite honestly, I ordered the Cuisinart DLC-2 solely because it said that it was suppose to be brushed chrome. I thought it would look nice with the stainless steel in my kitchen and I would be able to leave it out on the counter instead of putting it away all of the time. Unfortunately, this brushed chrome really resembles the plastic that it is.

I already have a full-size food processor that I use for larger tasks but I figured that this one would be convenient to keep on the counter and use for smaller jobs. For $60, I didn't expect a lot but I did expect a bit more than it offers. This appliance is actually ideal for making hummus, salsa and pesto but don't plan on it cutting up any food items of any substance. You cannot overload it so you pretty much need to cut anything up that is hard fairly small before throwing it in but for small tasks, it does manage to get the job done.

This food processor is really easy to clean, which is the best thing about it. It has a three cup plastic, dishwasher safe bowl and it comes with its own spatula. There is an 18 month warranty too that you may need to use if you use this appliance a little too often.

The biggest complaint I have about this food processor is that it is loud. Really loud! If you have people in your home or even neighbors sleeping, I would not advise running this thing unless you are using it as a morning alarm. I'm not sure how something so small can make so much noise but it is quite startling.

If you need a food processor for small jobs this is actually not a bad choice to have or even to use it like I do for light tasks. However, if you are looking for a food processor that can handle heavy duty jobs, this one will not live up to your expectations.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews