Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2011, 08:11 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,535,274 times

Advertisements

LG Large Capacity Gas Dryer with 9 Drying Programs (White) DLG0452W

Rating: 3 out of 5
  • Currently 3.0/5.0

We purchased this dryer because we liked the look of it and the capacity. It has many nice features, such as it is very quiet (I don't even have to shut the laundry room door), and it has nine different drying cycles, even one for delicates and one to prevent wrinkles. It comes equipped with a sensor inside of the machine to tell when the clothes are dry and will automatically shut off. This is a great way to save money and energy, unlike other models that will keep drying until the end of the cycle. It is a good looking machine which we purchased for about $900. It seemed that the money we would save in the cost of the gas to use it would offset the price. Other nice features are a child lock, various drying and temperature levels, end of cycle beeper in which you can choose the sound level of the beep, a display that tells you the remaining time (and self adjusts based on the dampness of the clothes, which is impressive), and a drying rack.

After having the model for just one year, it began to give us problems and wasn't drying right. We called the LG hotline and they sent someone out to fix it free of charge since it was under a year old. About two months after that, it began to have problems again, and the electronic buttons were sticking not letting me change the readout unless I changed what cycle it was on. We again called LG, but this time they would not send someone out to fix it for free. We ended up paying almost $400 to a repairman to fix the problem. The other downside to this model is that I felt like I had to read the manual to figure out how to work it. Overall, I would not purchase another of these models, and most likely will not purchase another LG.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews