U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2011, 05:58 AM

2,186 posts, read 7,529,148 times

Advertisements

Sharp 1.0 Cu. Ft. 1100-Watt Microwave

sharp-10-cu-ft-1100-watt-microwave photo
Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

I chose the Sharp 1.0 Cu. Ft. 1100-Watt Microwave in stainless steel because it was affordable at $89, and was just the right size for someone living on their own. Even someone that was not very technologically advanced like myself, was able to easily use this model microwave. The digital clock display shines a nice bright blue for when I stumble into the kitchen in the middle of the night. The pre-settings are nice because I can put in a baked potato or bag of popcorn and push the button that said so and have my food ready in a few short minutes. Unlike my old Sunbeam microwave, I didn't have to guess if the preset buttons were going to work, I could just push one and have hot food when the timer went off.

The turn table in the microwave is a nice round size, turning easily in the microwave. The stainless steel outside is easy to clean as well as the inside. The turn table is removable and dishwasher safe so that it can be removed and cleaned along with the rest of the dishes. Overall, This microwave is the perfect size for someone living on their own. Items cook fast due to the high wattage of the microwave and it heats food quickly. There are enough presets on the front, that using the oven is becoming a less frequent event. The auto defrost gets hot enough that sometimes it cooks the meat , so you have to be careful of that at times. For a midsize microwave, it works just as well as an industrial one would. I give this microwave a 4 for over all quality and use. It is a little bigger than I would have expected, some of which seems to be wasted space.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 20, 2010
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews