U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2011, 10:57 AM

2,186 posts, read 7,528,085 times

Advertisements

Metabo SBE610 Impact Drill*

Rating: 3 out of 5
  • Currently 3.0/5.0

When it comes to impact drills, there is such a wide ranging choice on the market place, but I have a strong loyalty towards Metabo's assortment of power tools, having a number in my kit; so I was drawn towards their new SBE 610, which was advertised as introducing greater standards in drilling.* Without any hesitation I have to totally concur with this assessment, as it certainly is the best performing drill I have owned.*
With its scientifically applied lightweight design and ground breaking cup housing body, this 610 watt, 110 volt package of power has taken the drill to a new level.* It has a high speed impact mechanism which allows for an incredible, and I would say unbeatable drilling performance. *
It has a number of uses, in both hammer and rotary modes.* Its 12mm bits can penetrate into stone, concrete or brick; alternatively wood, metal, plastic and even glass can easily be permeated.* A selection of attachments can be used for driving in screws, sanding, grinding metal, polishing or removing dust, generated by a variable speed trigger.
The special front end venting ducts enable exhaust air to be directed forwards and downwards away from your eyes.* Once again I see this as a terrific advancement, enabling a continuous problem for me to be rectified in such a straightforward development.* The weight of the tool, at 1.7kg is also very much a contributory factor, as it makes all kinds of working situation so much easier.*
Although you would never describe a drill as particularly attractive, the SBE 610 does have something futuristic in its appearance; but it is its safety and obvious quality which makes it so appealing.* At only $199 this is a real steal of a very important piece of equipment for any home.* As far as competitors go, the Bosch GBM13-2 2-speed version, with a forward/reverse rotation, does have a lot going for it and I'd be tempted to say it gives the Metabo a run for its money, but at $60 extra, that wouldn't be an true appraisal.

Review by professional reviewer, Sep. 1, 2010
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews