Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2011, 10:57 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

Capresso 303.01 Espresso Machine

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

The Capresso 303.01 espresso maker retails at $100.00. It's a nice subtle black and isn't so big that it overwhelms your kitchen, at 13 inches tall. While it isn't a top of the range espresso maker, it's very simple to use and gives you all the basic options you could want to get your favorite beverages in your own home.
The steam wand allows you to add the frothy tops to cappuccinos, which takes a little while to master but gives an impressive finish to your drinks if you can manage it without covering your kitchen in milk. The Capresso 303.01 also has pre-programmable drink sizes to make sure that you don't have to watch it and stop it from overflowing small cups. It's much faster than you would expect for such a small machine, and while I haven't been able to make the promised "two to four cappuccinos in under five minutes" yet, it's certainly quick enough that you won't keep guests waiting around.
One thing I would say is that if this product was available with a built in coffee maker, I would buy it without worrying too much about the extra cost. There are espresso makers available which only require a few buttons to be pressed before you can leave it to make an espresso for you, and despite how effective and fast the Capresso 303.01 is, since I bought it I've found myself longing for an all-in-one espresso maker.
The Capresso is very easy to clean, as the carafe is removable and dishwasher friendly, and it looks much more professional and impressive than you would expect for the $100.00 price tag. If you're looking for an affordable espresso maker that looks nice and fulfills the basic requirements effectively, the Capresso 303.01 is a very good buy and excellent value for money.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 26, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews