Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2011, 11:58 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,535,274 times

Advertisements

Frigidaire GLGH1642FS Front Load Washer/Dryer

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

Frigidaire GLGH1642FS Front Load Washer/Dryer

This Frigidaire stacked washer/dryer solved my problem because I have a limited space and this one perfectly fits in a small corner in the house plus it is Energy Star qualified which helps cut my utility bills. My washer comes with 4 speeds (heavy wash-whites, wash-colors, knits wash for delicates, short Wash) and 16 wash cycles while the drier has automatic dry and 4 drying cycles (air fluff, normal dry, press saver and timed dry).
I can set the temperature of the water for the wash and rinse combination from hot/cold, warm/cold, cold/cold and warm/warm. I normally use hot/cold when washing white clothes and cold/cold combination for colors. For my drier I can also choose the temperature: high heat-whites, medium heat-colors, medium low heat-knits and low heat foe delicates. This feature allows me to properly care for my clothes so far none of my clothes shrink nor ruined.
The first time I used my washer for my heavy soiled garden clothes it wasn't thoroughly cleaned even if I brushed off all the dried mud so I decided to run another cycle and added a small amount of bleach after that my clothes are perfectly clean. After that I realized it is best to soak heavy soiled clothes first.
My clothes are always free from any lint after drying my clothes and I'm happy about that but of course I always clean my lint filter screen.
I can also wash and dry a king size or a queen size comforter with my unit without any problem as long as I don't over load it. The operation of the machine is very quiet but the buzzer that signals the job is already finished is way too loud. I can even hear it upstairs even if my bedroom door is closed. Too bad there's no way to turn it off.
The washer/dryer has worked flawlessly since day one. The operation of the unit itself is pretty quiet, but when your load is done, the buzzer that goes off is way too loud. I would think most stacked washer/dryers are in relatively small apartments or condos, like mine, but the buzzer in this thing could be heard from all corners of a 8,000 sq ft home. I'm still trying to find out how to disable it. I read about the buzzer before buying, but discounted the comments.....I shouldn't have.
Washing time is approximately 30 minutes just like any other washing machine. I paid $ 1339 for the entire unit last year including shipping and tax and over-all I'm happy with the performance of the machine. It's highly recommended for small apartments or condo units.

By: samutsari

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 20, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews