Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2011, 12:01 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,535,274 times

Advertisements

Polar F6 Women's Heart Rate Monitor Watch

polar-f6-womens-heart-rate-monitor-watch photo
Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

I got this heart rate monitor as a gift. I asked for a simple heart rate monitor and received this one instead. I have never been happier that someone decided to try to buy my affection.

I really love this device. Along with being a simple heart rate monitor, it's also keep tracks of whether or not you are in your target heart rate (which is hard to figure out without mechanical monitoring), counts calories based on your individual physical stats, and regular time as well as time spent exercising. There is a program that makes sure you're at the proper rate for warm up and then reach and maintain an effective rate for the rest of the workout. I am not a terribly "aware" exerciser; I don't usually spend a lot of time or effort monitoring myself. With this small device, I have an effective way of making sure I'm exercising in as healthy and efficient way possible. The software is easy to figure out and the stats are easy to read and find.

Being a person who participates a lot in group exercise classes, where many people are using wireless heart rate monitors, I really appreciate that this device is self-contained and doesn't mess up - or is messed up by - everyone else's fancy watch.

The monitor is also extremely, surprisingly, comfortable. Because it's contoured around the sides, where the watch face meets the band, it doesn't dig or pull when I move my wrist. It's great for spin class, where I move my arms and flex my wrist a great deal while moving up and down at different sections of the class. I also like that the display is big and clear, It's extremely easy to read, even when I just glance down or am moving quickly. It's a wonderful heart rate monitor, easy to use and effective.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews