Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2011, 05:12 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

The Oster Tea Maker has a dishwasher safe glass pitcher, adjustable steeping control, automatic shutoff, permanent filter, brew strength selector, it brews tea bags and tea leaves. A friend of mine knew how much I loved to make tea so she go t me this tea maker as a gift. I have had it for about seven months. When I first started using it I really liked the tea it made. I could make stronger tea for my husband and weaker tea for myself. I really enjoyed that I could use tea leaves instead of tea bags because tea leaves makes the tea taste fresher and it is healthier for you.

After about three months of using this tea maker I started to notice that the tea tasted bitter even on the weak setting. At the time I started using different tea leaves so I changed back to my old brand to see if that helped but it did not. The a few days later when I went to make another batch of tea I noticed the brewing indicator light did not come on. My husband looked at it (he is an electrician and likes to play with wires) he said the wire shorted and he spliced it back together. It worked fine (still making somewhat bitter tea) for about another 3 tea makings and then stopped working again. This time it did not appear to be the wire. I brought it back to Wal-Mart and exchanged it. The second one only worked for a few tea makings before it stopped working. I decided to go back to the old fashion way of making my tea. I would not recommend anyone buy this tea maker unless you just enjoy throwing money in the trash.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews