Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2011, 05:13 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

Maclaren Triumph Twin stroller Scarlet Silver

maclaren-triumph-twin-stroller-scarlet-silver photo
Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

I have two young children to transport around the city almost everyday. I do not have a vehicle, so having a stroller that is easy to use is extremely important.

I like the idea of the stacked stroller, with one seat in front of the other. However, when I brought the kids to try it out at the store, the squabbling about who would sit in front began almost immediately. Therefore, I quickly decided on a side-by-side model.

I have used Maclaren strollers in the past and love the ease of steering. The steering is the best part of this stroller. I can do it with one hand, even when both kids are in the stroller and all their stuff is sitting in the baskets.

The safety harness is well designed and comfortable, though very difficult to open. I suppose this is to keep the kids from liberating themselves, but it's not possible to do with one hand, which can be an issue while child wrangling.

The stroller is fairly compact for a side-by-side and fits through most of the narrow doorways, even in the older buildings of New York. The only place I've have real problem is (ironically) on the very narrow doorway leading to the elevator in my building.

The seats recline, which is great for when the kids take naps on long outings. However, the way the seats recline require a hand on each side to get things pushed back. If I can't get both hands at the same time, the seats recline unevenly.

The included raincover is wonderful and fits very snugly to prevent drips around the hood. Unlike other raincovers, it doesn't easily fog up and doesn't stay wrinkled and creased when it's unfolded.

One of my favorite features is that the seats are removable. This means all the jelly stains and cracker crumbs can be cleaned in the washing machine.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews