Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2011, 10:13 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Toro TimeCutter Z4200 Riding Mower

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

When my husband decided to buy a mower that had a zero turning radius, I wasn't sure if it was worth the money. We could have bought a regular riding mower for much less, and when we started pricing different brands, most of them were more than I felt we could afford.

The 42" Toro had an MSRP of $2,599, which wasn't as much as some of the others. My husband had used Toro push mowers in the past and had been happy with their performance, so he talked me into buying it.

We have a lot of grass to cut because our lot is three acres. Some of that is wooded, but the grass cutting is a long process if you undertake it with the old riding mower we have. Fred spent over half a day cutting grass with the 50" cut mower we had before getting the Toro.

The first time I used the mower it was clear why my husband wanted it. I was amazed at how close I could get around flower beds and trees without having to back up or make long looping turns. It didn't take as long as I thought to get the hang of steering without a wheel.

The speeds that you go when you are out in the open really impressed me. Seven mph is much faster than any lawn tractor I have driven. With sharp blades, the Toro can still do a great job of cutting at the higher speed.

Because there is not a motor in front of you, it is much easier to see what you are cutting and avoid running over something that might be hidden in the grass. The Toro is much more comfortable to ride than our old mower, too. You feel much more in control because you can see so much better.

It didn't take long to see why my husband wanted this mower. He knew I would like using it, and that frees him up to fish with his buddies while I do the yard work. With me doing the cutting, he won't have to worry about accidentally cutting down foliage or plants I want to keep.

Whoever cuts the grass gets it done in a little over half the time that it takes with the conventional type mower. I recommend the 42" size because it provides a better cut on irregular places than the 50" three-blade mower.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews