Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2011, 12:04 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Fellowes 3227901 Intellishred PS-79Ci Paper Shredder

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

For users who need an upscale paper shredder that can be trusted to perform through years of heavy daily usage, this is a terrific option. Users can expect to pay the MSRP of $189.99 and know that they have made a worthy investment.

It features a slimmer design than many competing products, which was attractive to me, since it is being used in a crowded hallway.

Frustrated when past models were prone to constant paper jams, I love that this paper shredder features advanced technology which senses the amount of paper that a user has placed into the machine. If the stack is too thick, the shredder refuses to engage, and requires the bulk to be adjusted accordingly. This shredder has been used in my office for the past fifteen months, and the amount of paper jam hassles it has prevented has proved well worth the money invested in this product.

Also, since my office features a customer call center, quiet conditions are a must. My employees consistently mention that they hardly notice when the shredder is being used, due to its near-silent operational capabilities.

For safety conscious users, the paper entry slot is dotted with safety sensors, and the shredder automatically enters an off mode if a hand touch is detected.

Users should note that the paper bin is very bulky and that minor assistance may be required to remove and replace it. Also, note that the shredder has two on/off switches. Initially, this caused a fair bit of confusion, and I still have to remind myself to activate them both before use, since dual switches are not common or intuitive.

Even with those minor flaws, this is an excellent paper shredder. The anti-jam features and safety considerations help this model stand out among competitors.

By Sarah Szczerbiak

Review by professional reviewer, Sep. 1, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews