Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2011, 05:13 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

2005 Toyota Sequoia 4 WD SR5 - V8 engine

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

My Toyota Sequoia was purchased new in the spring of 2005. From the moment I drove it off of the lot, I have been more than happy with every aspect of the SUV. Before purchasing the Sequoia, I looked at other full-sized SUVs, and test drove the Ford Expedition, the Chevy Tahoe, and the Toyota Sequoia. I felt that the handling of the Sequoia was superior to the others, and it provided the roominess of three full rows, with an eight seat capacity, which was important for our family of five.

The MSRP for Toyota Sequoias at the time of purchase was between $32,570 - $45,060, while the MSRP for the Ford Expedition was $33,455 - $46,340, and the Chevy Tahoe came in at $35,915 - $39,515. The cost for mine was, $41,500. The car came with automatic locks, automatic windows including the back window, tinted windows in the back, a power sun roof with sliding or pop up window, a 6 disc CD changer, and inside/outside temperature gauges.

The inside of the Sequoia is roomy and has 10 cup holders, which come in handy. There are two separate heat/ac controls, one for the front passengers, and one for the back passengers, although the front controls can override the back controls if necessary. All the seats are comfortable and the front two have many ways to adjust for comfort, including a built in lower back support that can easily be adjusted for individual preference.

The outside of the Sequoia is sleek looking. It has wipers on both the front and back, and daytime running lights for safety. When driving the Sequoia I feel very comfortable and safe, especially with children in the back.

The only downside to the Sequoia is the poor gas mileage it gets, which runs around 15 mpg city/18 mpg highway. I did have a problem with the tire gauge light staying on when all of the tires were at proper psi, but that is the only problem I have had. When I am in the market for a new SUV, I will definitely look at a new Toyota Sequoia first.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews