U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2011, 12:14 PM

2,186 posts, read 7,533,844 times

Advertisements

Miallegro 1760 Air Ionizer Tower Fan with Remote Control

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

In the beginning when I first purchased this ionizer, I didn't have the best time with it. Basically, after about two or three weeks it just stopped working. But Miallegro ponied up and helped this customer replace the unit. At no cost to me the manufacturer shipped me another one, straight to my door. And on top of all of that, their customer service people were actually very polite, civil, and kind. This is a rarity these days, as customer service usually means the opposite with most companies. Just as a disclaimer, I had to make sure that I told everyone about this before heaping praise onto the product.

When I was first shopping for this type of fan, I was not looking for the fans that make the whole "tower" turn because they always seem to start having mechanical problems. What I was looking for was a fan that oscillates from the inside of the unit, which seems to be a better engineered solution for reliability. The fan is very quiet on the low setting, which is nice, and the medium and high settings push a lot of air with very little noise that most traditional fans have. If you are like me a light sleeper, and you need a cool breeze, then the high setting is a blessing. You get lots of air with almost no noise waking you up at night. The fan also takes up a very small amount of space for all that it does. It looks good as well. It's thin, has an LED display, and it looks really modern.

In short I have to conclude that I'm very pleased with my purchase of this fan. It does the job it's engineered to do, and it has a company that stands behind it. It doesn't get better than that from a consumer perspective.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews