U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2011, 12:14 PM

2,186 posts, read 7,529,148 times

Advertisements

Mr. Coffee by Sunbeam Corporation - Model CG13

Rating: 3 out of 5
  • Currently 3.0/5.0

My Mr. Coffee, coffee maker is only a few months old, so it still functions well. This one is just the latest in a long series of Mr. Coffee, coffee makers I've purchased. Why do I keep buying this brand of coffee maker? It's inexpensive; if I drop it, I can just buy a new one. It also receives daily use; sometimes, the warmer remains switched on from dawn to midnight.

Despite its low cost, Sunbeam Corporation keeps adding new features. This new model stops making coffee when I remove the pot to pour myself a fresh cup. I am particular about the taste of my coffee; I won't drink it if it's stale or burned. Does that mean I often toss away the last few cups in the pot? Absolutely! I am fussy enough to buy whole beans and grind them myself, too.

Isn't it a travesty to brew freshly ground coffee in a Mr. Coffee, coffee maker? Perhaps, a better filter would improve the flavor. I choose this brand, though, because I can make fresh coffee frequently. It isn't especially stylish; plain brown plastic complements the color scheme in my kitchen, but it looks quite utilitarian. No chrome or brushed stainless steel here.

The glass pot is reminiscent of the pleasantly chubby shape of diner coffee pots. This brand will show signs of wear within about a year. No amount of scrubbing will relieve the dinginess of the pot. Part of the plastic lid will break. The surface of the warmer will be dulled by coffee stains.

These depredations affect not only the appearance of the coffee maker, but the flavor of the brewed coffee, too. It's time to buy a new coffee maker because the warranty has expired. No matter, the new model will really be improved; it will cost the same as the last one, too.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews