U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2011, 02:46 PM

2,186 posts, read 7,530,733 times

Advertisements

GE Profile 1.7 Cubic Foot Microwave JVM1790WK

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

I needed a high quality, over the range microwave so I selected this GE Profile one. So far this has been a great microwave and I have no complaints.

I love its sleek design. It features modern lines and is very attractive. One of the main reasons that I selected this particular model was the design. I needed a black microwave to match my other appliances and this was one of the most modern looking ones that I was able to find.

One of the best features about this microwave is that it offers combination cooking methods. When I need a microwave it will quickly heat any items that I have. However when I need to quickly bake something, I can use the speed bake option. I have made cakes and cookies in this microwave and both have turned out great. That isn't something that you can get from a standard microwave. Plus it is great for baking during the summers because it doesn't heat up the house as much as a standard oven does.

I always have trouble knowing how long to cook things in the microwave and really appreciate the food sensors that this unit has. This microwave uses automatic sensors to determine cooking time and power based on food weight and the amount of moisture in the food. This takes the guesswork out of using a microwave.

It is easy to clean and wipes down very easily. It was also pretty install and I was able to do it myself in under an hour. It also offers ventilation when I am using my oven and has 3 separate ventilation settings.

This microwave is easy to use, easy to install and offers many features that standard microwaves don't offer. While it is much more expensive than a simple counter top unit, it is well worth the investment.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 26, 2010
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews