U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2011, 03:46 AM

2,186 posts, read 7,530,733 times

Advertisements

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

I have to admit that I was wary of purchasing an SUV. Being of an ecological frame of mind, I was concerned that purchasing an SUV would have a negative impact on the environment. There was - and is - just one problem. I'm far too tall for any of the Hybrids, too tall, in fact, to fit comfortably in any compact vehicle. So, with the choices being either having my head permanently pressed against the roof, or choosing a car that wasn't as environmentally friendly but at least FIT, I decided to go with the fit.

After days and weeks of test driving different vehicles, including the Jeep Cherokee and the Ford Navigator, I discovered the Chevrolet Tahoe.

The Chevrolet Tahoe is an incredible vehicle. Not only does it have an incredible amount of space in the passenger compartment, there is enough cargo space to carry just about anything, but the Tahoe's powerful engine provides for such a fantastically smooth ride that you hardly even known that you are driving. And if you need to tow anything, the Tahoe provides a very stable towing platform. The new adjustable pedals are a blessing, especially when my wife, who is a good bit shorter than me, has to drive, and the assorted add-on features, like heated seats just give me more and more to like about this vehicle. On top of all of this, the Tahoe is very maneuverable, even my wife has no problem navigating the Tahoe into parking spaces and around tight corners.

I could in short sing the Tahoe's praises indefinitely, but there are a few features that aren't as good as they could be, firstly the price, MSRP of $34,750 - $37,550 is a bit on the pricey side, though worth it when everything is taken into consideration. One thing I do find annoying is that the sunroof has no closure indicator. That is, when it closes there is nothing to indicate that it has closed completely. If you don't physically double check it every time you use it, it is likely to leak water into the vehicle during a rain storm if it hasn't been closed completely. Also, with a an MPG of 16 city/19 hwy, the Tahoe is not the best vehicle around for mileage, but its safety features - including hydroboost breaks and an tire-pressure monitor as well as airbags that are designed for people of different sizes and weights, as well as it's putting the driver above traffic so that they have a clear view of traffic in many ways outweigh the downside of the MPG.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews