Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2011, 12:23 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

2002 GMC Sierra King Cab Pickup

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

I had leased a GMC pickup prior to buying the GMC Sierra King Cab. I thought I liked the older truck until I got used to the 2002. Pricing on these trucks runs from the bare bones starting price of $17,400 to $36,500 at the upper end. Of course, when you get what you want, it is usually at the higher cost. Mine was about $30,000 when all was said and done.

My Sierra King Cab has cloth seats, which are much more comfortable than the leather ones I had before. The inside is all gray, and it is a comfortable ride for five.

The biggest draw back to my truck is the length. Most parking lots are designed for small vehicles so it takes some negotiating to get into those skinny spaces, and the truck invariably sticks out further than I would like. My garage is a full 24' deep, but it takes about all of that to get the truck in, especially with the trailer hitch attached.

This Vortec engine is powerful. It's a V-8 motor and it gets a constant 15 mpg no matter what kind of driving I do. There is a steady hum in the motor that I attribute to the type of engine. It was annoying when I first started driving the vehicle, but I've become accustomed to it.

One of the things I like about my truck is the cruise control. So many of the vehicles I have had in the past had to be brought slowly back up to speed before hitting the resume to keep from racing the motor as the vehicle attempted to get back to full speed immediately. If you are going 70 mph in the Sierra and brake down to 40, you can hit resume immediately and the truck slowly builds back to its setting rather than wasting fuel doing it too rapidly.

I only have power seating on the driver side, but it has almost any setting that you would need to fit you comfortably to the vehicle. Needless to say, I love my truck and I would recommend it to anyone. The GMC Sierra is a smooth ride for a pickup truck.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 20, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews