U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2011, 02:56 AM

2,186 posts, read 7,536,128 times

Advertisements

Coleman Weather Master Screened Six Person Tent

coleman-weather-master-screened-six-person-tent photo
Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

Although I really do like this tent a lot, I cannot imagine it sleeping six people comfortably. When we go camping, this tent is perfect for my husband and I along with our seven year old twin girls. We have a 15 year old son and 13 year old daughter who both also get their own tents because they usually both bring a friend along as well. There is no way that six of us could be comfortable in this tent. That being said, I love every other thing else about this tent.

It is moderately priced at $249.99 and I think you get a lot for what you pay. There are two separate rooms for privacy and an additional mesh sun room off to the side that we have only ever used to put our gear in. The total size is 17 feet by 9 feet and it is a little over 6 feet tall so most of us do not have to duck in the tent which is very nice.

The tent is extremely easy to set up, myself and the girls can actually handle it with no problem. The poles are color-coded and it uses InstaClip attachments which makes it really easy. There is a lot of windows and excellent ventilation so it never gets stuffy in there, not even when you get stuck inside on a long rainy day. There is also an electrical access port that we have personally never used. Coleman is definitely a brand we trust and the tent is guaranteed to keep you dry with its WeatherTec System and it certainly does. The best feature about this tent is the hinged door. Once you have one, you will never want to have another tent without one again. There is also a really handy loop on the ceiling where you can hang a light.

I will say, this is not the type of tent that you can comfortably take hiking. The bag is heavy that it comes in, weighing 36 pounds and it is really big so if you are getting a tent to carry on your back, this is not the one. Overall, I am very pleased with this tent. It has actually been set up in our backyard for the past month so our twins could have a few sleepovers in it before the school year started so we are certainly getting our money's worth out of it.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews