U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2011, 02:57 AM

2,186 posts, read 7,529,148 times

Advertisements

Eastern Tools And Equipment ETQ TG32P12 4,000 Watt Gas Powered Portable Generator

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

As someone who has spent several years of living in a rural area that is frequently hit with ice storms, generators soon went from being considered an unnecessary luxury, to a must-have item on my shopping list.

I did extensive research before deciding on this particular portable generator, and one of the features that was most impressive is the quiet functionality. With neighbors in close proximity and the lack of an enclosed space such as a garage, quiet operation was essential. With a noise level of just around 65 decibels, this unit easily performed in accordance with my specific requirements.

Users who are operating the generator under half-load conditions can expect at least eight hours of power on a single tank of gas, which has a 4 gallon capacity. Although this means that users will have to carefully choose which appliances to power via the generator, I've found that the usual 8 hours or more that I can expect from each tank of fuel is more than sufficient.

Although this generator continues to serve its purpose well, I have had some problems with the motor running roughly. Thankfully, this issue is normally resolved by turning off the generator and powering it up again. Users who are preparing to use the generator after a prolonged storage period would be well advised to perform a few trial runs before serious usage, since the majority of the problems I have experienced have occurred during the first uses of a particular season.

Users who do not consider themselves to be mechanically inclined should seek assistance when assembling and beginning to use the generator, since the instruction manual is very vague.

Even though this generator needs to undergo improvements in regards to future models, it is still a reliable and efficient choice.

By Sarah Szczerbiak

Review by professional reviewer, Sep. 1, 2010
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews