U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2011, 02:57 AM

2,186 posts, read 7,533,844 times

Advertisements

The Nikon D5000 12.3MP Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm VR Lens.

the-nikon-d5000-123mp-digital-slr-camera-with-18-55mm photo
Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

I've always loved photography. Years ago I invested heavily in a top-of-the-line 35mm camera, tripod, lenses, the works, and enjoyed years of going around snapping images and developing my film. But then began the digital revolution, and while I could see the point of being able to directly upload pictures and video to your computer in order to share them with friends and family, the digital cameras available all seemed lacking somehow. They didn't focus right, I couldn't get a clear enough shot, and action shots were out of the question, so I finally invested in a Digital SLR Camera.

After shopping around and comparing the various features, I finally chose the Nikon D5000 12.3MP Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm VR Lens.

The Nikon D50000 is compact and incredibly powerful and takes pictures of incredible clarity. The view screen is 2.70", which means you can actually see what you are taking a picture of. The display is LCD and has a resolution of 230000 pixels. I can take JPEG and RAW images and take videos that have a resolution of 1280x720. There are eleven auto focus points, and you can use the automatic focus feature or the manual focus feature with the minimum focus being a distance of 11 inches, which means I can take shots up close and personal. It has a USB port so that it can be connected directly to the computer for easy uploading, and only weighs 1.24 lbs, which makes it light enough to take just about anywhere.

The only down side to the Nikon D5000 is that with its hefty price tag at $849.99, I'm always a bit paranoid about dropping or losing it, but I have no other complaints, and with its included features and outstanding quality, the Nikon D5000 is well worth the worry and the price.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews