Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2011, 03:53 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

LG : WM2301HR 27in Front-Load Washer with 4.2 cu. ft. Capacity

lg-wm2301hr-27in-front-load-washer-with-42-cu-ft-capacity photo
Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

I was initially drawn to this machine because it comes in fun colors. However, after having truly clean laundry for the first time in years, I appreciated the washer for its other assets.

I am most appreciative for the water and energy efficiency of this machine. Over the course of a few months I did see a reduction in my energy bill, although it, by itself, wouldn't be enough to sway me toward this appliance. The water saving has been more significant. My last washer was a top-loader that used huge amounts of water. This machine uses less water for the same number of clothes. Plus, it has a "SenseClean" system that only uses enough water to wash the clothes loaded into the washer, and not any more. It's also extremely quiet, which is wonderful with a sleeping baby in the house.

However, perhaps because of this energy saving function, the clothes are twisted pretty horribly at the end of the spin cycle. For clothes that go straight to the dryer, this isn't a problem. But, for clothes that need to be line dried, this necessitates a ironing step that might not have been necessary with a traditional top-loader washers.

The biggest disappointment about this washer was that the bottom part, the pedestal, shown in all the print ads as well as on television is not included. Though it's basically a drawer that's heavy enough to support the washing machine, it's over two hundred dollars extra. It would be convenient to have, but not worth the money.

The washing machine, however, works wonderfully. Clothes consistently come out clean and fresh after a quick, quiet run cycle. There are enough settings to efficiently wash any size load of any type of material. Though I haven't noticed a significant improvement in terms of stain removal, I've have great success washing whites on the "super hot" cycle. Things come out bright and clean even without adding bleach.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews