U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2011, 01:42 PM

2,186 posts, read 7,525,773 times

Advertisements

iRobot Roomba Pet Series 532 Vacuum Cleaning Robot

irobot-roomba-pet-series-532-vacuum-cleaning-robot photo
Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

The iRobot Roomba Pet Series was designed specifically for people with pets. It has a high capacity sweeper bin that really traps pet dander and hair and considering I have three long-haired animals in my home, I can say it certainly delivers its promise. I purchased this iRobot primarily for my upstairs so I wouldn't have to carry my vacuum up there everyday. Now, every few days I take my traditional vacuum up and get the corners and spots that Roomba can't get and I also bring Roomba downstairs once a week and allow it to get under my furniture and other spots I tend to miss with my traditional vacuum.

Roomba actually holds a lot of hair and debris for its size but you do need to empty it and clean the brushes everyday for it to work properly. This only takes about five minutes so it is not a big job. Roomba will stop and ask you to clean it when needed or request help such as, sucking up a dryer sheet or some other similar object. Of course I appreciate that it asks for help rather than sucking up things its not suppose to.

There is a feature that allows you to set boundaries but I have personally never had the need to use it. I generally just push the start button and let Roomba go. It will clean about three average-sized rooms on a single charge and when the battery is low, Roomba finds its way back to its docking station to charge. The best feature of this iRobot is that it gets under the bed where the cat sheds the most after being chased there by the dogs, a place my traditional vacuum won't reach.

Roomba is equipped with a stair avoiding system and bump sensors that will make it shut off automatically if your pet gets curious and flips it. This way paws don't get hurt by the bristles. My animals took a few days to warm up to Roomba, but now they just ignore it so you may need to give yourself a transition period of barking.

The only reason I give Roomba four stars out of five is even though it says that you can run it when you're not home, I don't recommend it. Roomba is not suppose to get tangled up in cords or anything else but I have found it trapped in an awkward spot or stuck on a cord that it just couldn't make it over.

Roomba is super light, only weighs a little over 12 pounds and comes with a one year warranty. The box also comes with quite a few extras for the price of $349, including a rechargeable battery, extra beater brush, extra bristle brush, extra side brush, two virtual walls, two brush cleaning tools and two extra filters. I recommend Roomba to anyone with or without pets. It's averagely priced compared to other units and as long as you keep it clean, it will keep you happy.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2011, 08:56 AM

3 posts, read 5,284 times
Thanks for the review. What's the best place to buy one?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews