Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2011, 02:51 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

Singer 30 Stitch Sewing Machine Model - 7442

singer-30-stitch-sewing-machine-model-7442 photo
Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

I grew up close to my grandmother and she had a singer sewing machine. She taught me how to use it. After she passed away, I inherited her sewing machine. I got into sewing more and more to the point that I decided I would get a new machine so I would not end up breaking her sewing machine that held so many memories. The machine I inherited from my granny is about 50 years old and still works so I knew I was going to get a singer. Since I learned how to sew on an old sewing machine this new one was much easier to operate.

I like the LED light. It makes it easy to see the fabric and the thread. There is a built in needle threader that does the threading for you and it is very quick. The threader also has an automatic tension. On my grandmothers machine you had to thread the needle and adjust the tension manually this sometimes was frustrating. I like how the stitches are smooth. Even though my Grandmother's machine still works the stitches were not always smooth. I would have to stop and restart sometimes.

I am very happy I decided to buy this singer machine. I think it is a great bargain for the quality of the machine. Since getting my new singer I have been able to advance in my sewing skills and make more involved things. I recently made a shirt and I was able to make the button holes very easily. I recommend this singer sewing machine to anyone who is starting out and learning how to sew. It is light weight and has many features. The money you will spend on this machine is worth it. Singer is a great brand and will last for years to come.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews