U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2011, 02:53 PM

2,186 posts, read 7,529,148 times

Advertisements

Magellan Roadmate 1700

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

This GPS is awesome. It was given to me as a gift recently and I love it. It has a huge 7" screen and the touch screen is very fast. My last GPS had a bit of a delay with the GPS but this one is very quick to the touch.

If you travel a lot this is a great GPS for you because there is a AAA guide that shows you the best hotels, restaurants, and attractions nearby. I hate when I am someplace I am not familiar with and I have to drive around to search for things, inevitably getting lost. It is super convenient to have, basically, a tour guide riding around with you. I like that it holds a list of my favorite places and tells me when there is one near me wherever I travel. Any restaurants, gas stations, hotels, etc. that I have a preference to will be saved in my Magellan and as soon as I am within range of one it will tell me.

I absolutely hate traffic and the Magellan 1700 sees traffic coming up and reroutes to avoid it. That is the most amazing thing because it really eliminates the headache of getting stuck and being late for where you are headed.

The only problem I see with it, and it is a problem with many similar products, is that when you go through tunnels and lose service it takes a little while to come back and sometimes I miss my turn and have to reroute. This is only a pain in big cities where there are a lot of different highways and one-ways to get lost in.

I am self-employed and work from home, but I often have to travel and this GPS has made my life so easy. It is far superior to any that I have owned before and it is like having a little travel companion with me at all times that knows everything about every city I go to. I have saved a lot of time with the aid of this little guy and I am very grateful for the gift, though I would have been happy to purchase it myself, regardless of price, had I known how great it was going to be.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 26, 2010
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews