U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2011, 11:39 PM

2,186 posts, read 7,556,554 times

Advertisements

GE Energy Star 4.1 Cu.Ft. High Efficiency Washer Model WPRE6150KWT

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

I bought this washer to replace my old one when it stopped working. I am very impressed. It has a very large capacity and can easily wash 15 or 20 towels in a single load. This washing machine doesn't have an agitator (the stick in the middle)so it is also very gentle on these large loads. Everything comes out clean and fresh and laundry gets done so much faster than ever before.

The washing machine is easy to use and starts with the push of a button. It has a variety of different washing settings and load sizes. I like that I can tailor the temperature of the water, type of spin cycle and more. Plus, the push button start is very convenient.

While I appreciate the high capacity of this machine, it does cause trouble if you don't have a large dryer. If I completely fill the wash basket, I have to dry the clothing in 2 separate batches since my dryer is standard sized.

The only problems that I have had with this machine is that the washer will squeak a little if the load isn't balanced properly. Also you have to load the clothing around the sides of the machine which can take a little longer when putting clothing in to wash. The cycles are also quite long and the machine doesn't have an alarm which can mean that laundry is forgotten.

Overall this is a great washing machine. It has a variety of time and temperature settings and is very energy efficient. It is easy to clean and always gets my clothes clean, often much better than a standard washer. It is very gentle and I can wash delicate sweaters without any problems. By far the large capacity is the best feature of this machine. I am constantly amazed at how much I can fit in to this washer. It has the convenience of a front load washer without the price tag.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 26, 2010
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews