Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2011, 02:41 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Cuisinart 12 Cup Programmable Coffee Maker, DCC-1100BK

cuisinart-12-cup-programmable-coffee-maker-dcc-1100bk photo
Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

Two years ago I purchased my first coffee pot, which was the Cuisinart DCC-1100BK. We were in need of purchasing one as we were having people over for a party at our house and knew of several of the guests that enjoyed coffee. I didn't do much comparison shopping as I didn't think I would be using it much, so I made my choice based only on price and style. The cost was around $60. With a nice black body and stainless steel front panel, it looks good sitting on the counter. I have since realized what a good purchase I made. I now use it almost daily, and without any problems.

The coffee maker can make up to 12 cups at a time, but has the option of brewing only 1-4 if you need less. The best feature is that it keeps the coffee hot, regardless if you make one cup or 12. Since the party I have made coffee almost every morning for myself. The other feature that I like about this model is that it has a built in water filter for a cleaner tasting cup. I replace the charcoal filter about every two months.

Other nice features that this model has are: a gold-tone coffee filter (so no need to purchase paper ones), a pause button if you want to pour a cup before the entire pot is done brewing, easy programming for up to 24 hours (how nice to have a cup of hot coffee waiting for you when you wake up), a loud beeping to let you know when the coffee is done brewing, several loud beeps to let you know when it is shutting off, and consistency in making hot coffee. The handle is ergonomic and easy to hold, even if it is full with 12 cups.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews