Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2011, 07:36 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Canon Flatbed LiDE 500F Scanner Unit

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

The Canon Flatbed LiDE 500F Scanner Unit I saw at Best Buy for only $321 was well worth the money I spent for a quality scanner. All my other products are Canon, so it's a brand that I trust. I love that the scanner is so small, barely the size of a piece of legal paper, but powerful enough to scan every document that you can possibly think of. Unlike other scanners that I've used, this one is quick and will scan an entire document in less than fifteen seconds. The bulb in the scanner is easy to replace and it is a manageable size that I was able to find at most every place I've ever looked. I really liked that I could scan pages from books with no issue, something that my previous scanner would not do. I can even scan film negatives to upload and share with clients. This computer scanner came with it's own USB cord so I was able to plug it directly into my computer and my printer so I could go directly from the scanner to the printer without having to view it on the computer first like you have to do with so many other brands of scanners. There was no power cord to plug into the wall or power strip, plug it directly into the computer and go. I like the convenience of that feature, as well as the top feeder so that I could just slip the documents in like a fax machine and have them scan and copy without lifting the lid.

The built in stand makes it easy to place in small places as well as lying flat wherever I may want to put it. I love that the scanner supports my Windows operating system, even though it is newer. The film automatic retouching and enhancement feature as well as the 16 bit grayscale make scanning film negatives easier than ever before.

The biggest downside to this product is that the USB cable plugs into the front of the of the scanner, making it a minor inconvenience each time I want to use it. The lid continuously gets stuck on the cord.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews