Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2011, 03:05 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Sharp Carousel R-307NW Microwave

sharp-carousel-r-307nw-microwave photo
Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

If you're looking for a microwave that's good value for money yet provides a good selection of every day functions, then the Sharp Carousel may be just what you need. I own the R-307NW model and am pretty much satisfied with its performance, especially when the MSRP is only $79.

This model is a bench-top version with 1100 Watts of power output and 1.0 cubic foot of interior capacity. It has a one touch door open button with a safety door latch that prevents the appliance from functioning unless the door is closed. Inside, there is a 12 5/8 inch diameter removable glass turntable and plastic turntable support and the interior is smooth and easy to clean.

On the control panel there are six automatic cook options for things like popcorn and baked potatoes, six reheat settings and four defrost options for quick cooking of foods commonly eaten by fast-moving, modern go-getters. For people like me who microwave everything in minute increments, the minute plus button is a must-have. The reheat settings are great for warming, softening and melting foods, but I have to admit I don't trust the automatic cook options to get it right.

I have tried the compu-defrost settings on many occasions, but I don't find them to be very accurate. Even when I follow the step-by-step instructions and enter the correct weight, I find that meats tend to cook more quickly around the edges and are still frozen in the middle. There are nine different power levels, so I prefer to use a lower power setting over a longer time for defrosting.

The clock and timer functions are pretty standard on the four digit lighted display and the oven can be programmed for anything up to 99 minutes and 99 seconds. If you make a mistake in programming, you just need to touch the stop/clear pad. So, although I don't use all the functions, I think this is a fairly easy-to-use microwave.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews