U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2011, 03:05 PM

2,186 posts, read 7,533,844 times

Advertisements

Good barbecue is always in the mouth of the taster and the results always speak for themselves. Being a barbecue chef and teacher for over 50 years have taught me a variety of lessons. Some good, in fact excellent, and some not so good. Even though many people make barbecue difficult it is really simple and easy if you pay attention to the grill or smoker and the food that is to be prepared.

Since the dawn of mankind, we have had this desire to place meat over a fire. The basic question is how can we do this without getting a bank loan to cover the cost of the equipment. While some barbecue aficionados will tell you the result will depend on amount of money you will spend I disagree with them totally.

For as little as $269, you can purchase a smoker grill that will cook with the best $1000 grill. I purchased mine from the now defunct Barbecues Galore but never fear they have been purchased by a Taiwan company and will continue to operate under the same company name. As soon as they reopen look for the Bar-B-Chef Charcoal Smoker as they promise to keep it in stock. I have two and recommend them highly.

Most Home Depots, Lowe's, or other big box stores have something that looks similar and sells for around the same price but buyer beware. Bar-B-Chef smokers have larger grills, larger smoke boxes, which double as additional grill space for more burgers or whatever. They are constructed of heavy 12 gauge steel solid construction that should last a lifetime. The models at Home Depot and Lowe's are much thinner.

One of its key features is the large vent control, which optimizes airflow for both smoking and grilling. This is she real issue when putting $8 a pound rib steaks on the grill. You want to hold an even temperature during the cooking process, as is the true secret for great grilling.

There is 767 inches of grill space, which should fit even the largest families needs. It offers large doors, which enable the cook to reach and move the contents with ease. The cast iron grills hold a uniform heat throughout the cooking process.

Properly maintained this smoker grill should last a lifetime. You may need to paint it every couple of years and add a bolt or two over time but the ribs, burger, hot dogs, tritip's will be the best ever and you will be a big hit.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews