Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2011, 02:14 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,535,274 times

Advertisements

Whirlpool DU1030XTXS Full Console Dishwasher

Rating: 3 out of 5
  • Currently 3.0/5.0

My husband recently purchased the Whirlpool DU1030XTXS Full Console Dishwasher for my family. The Whirlpool DU1030XTXS Full Console Dishwasher manages to churn out dishes in about half an hour, although actually drying will take slightly longer, but my previous dishwasher took much longer - up to two hours in some instances. It heats the water superbly; a comforting cloud of steam wafts out when the door is first opened, and the dishes are too hot to handle. This is actually how I prefer my dishes, as it lets me know that they are being fully cleaned. The best part is that even with an extended warranty, the whole thing cost about half of the price of my former, much worse dishwasher.

Initially, the installer warned us that this model might be a bit loud, but we haven't found noise to be a problem. The Whirlpool DU1030XTXS Full Console Dishwasher actually runs quite quietly.

The top rack isn't well designed for large cups, glasses and bowls and it doesn't hold nearly as much as my previous dishwashers. Both of the dishwasher racks of the Whirlpool DU1030XTXS Full Console Dishwasher feel much more lightweight and less substantial than my other dishwashers. Still, since the Whirlpool DU1030XTXS Full Console Dishwasher cleans dishes well, that's not a deal breaker. The controls are not especially intuitive and sometimes the unit is hard to turn on, but it eventually does. I've found that a kind of sliding action seems to work best on the Start button.

I really am satisfied with our purchase of the Whirlpool DU1030XTXS Full Console Dishwasher. It has all of the features I was looking for and is quite powerful. I am very satisfied with this compared to my former dishwasher - I am also quite happy with the warranty as well.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 8, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews