Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2011, 01:14 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Samsung LN46C650 46 Inch 1080p 120 Hz LCD HDTV

samsung-ln46c650-46-inch-1080p-120-hz-lcd-hdtv photo
Rating: 3 out of 5
  • Currently 3.0/5.0

Everyone in my home is crazy about this television except me. It was originally purchased for our family room however, the glare on the screen drove me absolutely insane so I moved it to the basement where the kids hang out and watch movies and play video games. Really, if you are watching anything with a darker picture, you can see everything behind you. It is very distracting. No one else seems to be as bothered by it as me and if the television had a matte screen, I would probably love it.

This Samsung television is absolutely gorgeous to look at with a hint of red in it. This unit has amazing clarity in both picture and sound (aside from the glare) and it automatically adjusts to deliver the best quality depending on what you are watching. It is energy efficient, weighs only 40 pounds without the stand and it was actually quite easy to set up. There are a lot of features though that no one in the house has yet to use such as programming widgets or using the wireless connection to stream videos. This is confusing to me and I think we would have been happier with something a little less complex. Again, perhaps if I could stand looking at the screen, maybe I would take the time to explore all of these options.

It does have a great feature though that you can rent or buy TV shows or movies from Amazon, Netflix, Blockbuster and Pandora and watch them immediately. This is kind of a nice feature to have instead of getting in your car and going to the video store. Plus a lot of the movies we just go ahead and purchase from Amazon so they get stored in the video library so they can be watched at any time Another great feature about this television is the remote control. You can literally point this thing anywhere and it works.

The television is nice and serves its purpose. The kids love it for playing video games. At $1299.99 it was a bit cheaper than some other varieties and if they had done something about that glossy screen it would have been quite nice still up in my living room.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews