Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2011, 01:15 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Makita BO4556K 2.0 Amp 4-1/2-Inch Finishing Sander with Case

makita-bo4556k-20-amp-4-1-2-inch-finishing-sander-with photo
Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

I often get Makita tools because I have already bought into their battery system. Though this tool isn't part of that line, I now have a certain fondness for Makita tools in general. With that experience, I can tell you that this is one of the best Makita tools I have owned.

I am not a serious tool user. I do things around the house and refinish furniture recreationally. With those goals in mind, I didn't feel that I needed a super expensive, super fancy sander to do what I needed to do. I might not have even purchased a sander if I hadn't found this one on sale. But now that I have it, I would never want to work without it.

The sander is small, light, and works great on furniture and smaller areas. Because it's compact, it's easy for me to grip with my smaller hands. The grip is well formed and easy to hold, which distributes the pressure so I get the most out of the sanding surface.

It's very easy to use. Even a novice like myself didn't have trouble figuring out how the paper was loaded and the dust bag attached and cleaned. The sander has very minimal vibration which cuts out on fatigue and annoyance.

My only real complaint is that the sander is extremely loud. Even for a sander it's loud and as it's a tool that is on for long periods of time noise is definitely an issue.

Though the machine is small, it is well built. It seems sturdy and well designed. The cord stays well away from the sanding surface so I don't have to worry about it getting tangled up. The dust bag, though small, attaches securely and does a great job of keeping dust away from everything else.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews