Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2011, 01:13 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

Cannondale Quick 3 Hybrid Bike

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

The Cannondale Quick 3 is more than a fitness bike. It is a tool that helps you get in shape or that lets you enjoy your favorite past time of spinning. It is made of aluminum and carbon for the ultimate in handling and durability. For athletes who spend a lot of time on the bike, the supportive seat is a little harder than I like but I just make sure I only wear padded shorts with it. It also features Kenda tires which are a requirement of distance riders. They offer a smoother ride on rough terrain and even offer puncture protection. The bike has linear-pull brakes and a 27 speed Shimano/SRAM drivetrain.

The Quick 3 features three-finger levers that make it easy to slow down without a lot of effort. The handlebars are an important feature for any rider and the Quick 3 has flat handlebar positioning that places you in a comfortable, upright riding position. It also has ergonomically shaped rubber grips to cushion my hands. I prefer the comfort of the flat handlebars over those that are curved under since they seem to offer better riding comfort for my shorter stature. I also prefer the greater visibility available when riding upright.

The majority of my riding is on dirt paths or sometimes on gravel which the Quick 3 handles with ease. The bike offers lots of speed and the controls are positioned so that it is easy to adjust anything I need to without giving it a lot of thought. This is a very comfortably made bike that makes riding second nature. It is also a versatile design that gives you a great ride no matter whether you are running errands in the city or exercising through the park. It works for beginners and for seasoned bikers as well since it offers performance with ease in handling.

What I didn't want was a road bike which is why I settled on a hybrid style. The one area where I would not recommend this bike is for rough terrain. It might work better if it had a different type of tires on it with heavier tread but as is, the gravel is really the roughest terrain it can handle. Otherwise, it has everything you could possibly want in a bike for fun and for fitness. I have spent many hours on my Quick 3 and it is the best ride I have ever had. The Quick 3 is a high priced bike but offers a better value than the competition.

Review by professional reviewer, Sep. 1, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews