Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2011, 02:34 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

Metabo W21-230 Angle Grinder

metabo-w21-230-angle-grinder photo
Rating: 3 out of 5
  • Currently 3.0/5.0

Metabo W21-230 Angle Grinder*
As one of the market leaders when it comes to power tools, Metabo were the obvious choice when I needed to purchase an angle grinder.* To fit in with my budget I was pleasantly surprised to find their W21-230 version at a very reasonable $110, which I thought was terrific value for money.* I hadn't expected to pick up such a superior piece of equipment for that kind of outlay. *
This 230mm, 240 volt, 2100 watt item is of powerful industrial quality and is extremely flexible.* Even in the most demanding jobs this excellent piece of equipment has proved to be both reliable and safe.* Its rotating back handle makes it ideal for both cutting and grinding and requires very little maintenance.* I have a local distributor who is able to get hold of all the tools I need, so he is always pleased to hear from me, especially when my purchase is of this sort of significance.*
A special resin powder accompanied the purchase, and can be coated on the coil windings, armature protection grid and sealed bearings, proving to be hugely successful in avoiding harmful dust and debris from formulating.* It is a highly efficient and very robust tool and at 4.8kg its weight is not a problem.*
Metabo's specific safety feature offers protection for both the appliance and the user, with a mechanical clutch designed to slip in the eventuality of a disc jamming.* This is an excellent development and has definitely given me more piece of mind.*
A competitor which runs it close is the Dewalt D28490 angle grinder, with its abrasion protected motor giving increased durability and brush window allowing quick replacement, being two very good features.* However, at an extra cost of $55 it doesn't do enough to persuade me against the reliability and performance of the Metabo W21-230, which is the two main qualities I'm looking for.*

Review by professional reviewer, Sep. 1, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews