Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2011, 02:35 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,597,714 times

Advertisements

Anyone who has ever owned a pressure washer has experienced a wonder tool that makes so many tasks so much easier. Oh yeah, like that's the truth. Power washers have two extremes, works great or wow does it really suck! In addition, that is just the opposite of what is designed to do.

I purchased a Coleman Powermate Pressure Washer years ago. For the most part, it worked fairly well for about two years. Then the reality of my "bargain tool" struck home hard, which is why the company declared bankruptcy making repairs and parts more difficult to find that the Abominable Snowman.

The carburetor blew a seal, which I was able to find the part and replace it. The washer hose encountered the motor, yes, I should have been more watchful but I was working on the deck, and the hose melted almost through. Then it developed a propensity to leak everywhere, pump, fittings, miscellaneous points. It was time for the Coleman to visit the recycler. Moreover, it meant it was time for me to make the trip to Home Depot. I told my wife I had to go, just had to go, no options.

Needing this wonder tool, I searched diligently and found that others had suffered similar results and had moved on to better choices. Once again, the cheapest had proven more costly! Home Depot had the Husky 2,600 psi Gas Pressure Washer on sale. I could have purchased the Homelite for $50 less but I tried that once before.

The Husky's 2600 pounds of pressure, is more than adequate for my purposes since my main uses are cleaning my decks and driveways. I do not intend to peel the paint off my siding but I Feel the Husky could do a fair job. It has sufficient pressure and water volume to blow even the orneriest dirt and pine needles out of the cracks, leaving the deck looking like new.

One of the main points that convinced me to purchase Husky was the 173 cc Kohler engine. I have had success with Kohler engines in the past and only hope this one holds up as well. The frame that holds the motor and pump seem to be made of heavier gauge steel than the Powermate. It moves quite easily and could be handled easily by my wife, like that will ever happen.

I would recommend the Husky power washer for any homeowner that is seeking ease of use, handling, and performance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews