Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2011, 02:04 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

HP Officejet Pro 8500A Wireless e-All-in-One

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

My husband works from home and so it was essential that we chose a very high quality printer. We chose this model because it has many different functions. I've used it to scan, fax, copy and print. I believe there are more capabilities but that's what I've personally used it for.

One of my favorite features of this printer is that you can print from anywhere on the internet - without a computer. For example, if I find a recipe on my iPhone, I can have it print directly from my phone, instead of having to sit in front of a computer and manually print it. This is especially useful for my husband when we're out and about, he gets an email and he wants to print it out. When we get home, he's got a pile of printed emails waiting for him and he can get right to work.

I also like the interface. It's a touch screen so I'm able to easily find the menus I'm looking for. The screen is a tad small so it gives my husband some problems occasionally but I have had no problems.

As far as the scanner portion goes, it is extremely fast. Our previous printer had a scanner feature but it would take 4 or 5 minutes to scan 10 pages or so. This one is instant and that's saved me a lot of time when I have numerous pages to copy.

The one major downside of it is that it was initially a little difficult to get used to. There are a lot of buttons and I didn't feel that it was as intuitive as it could have been. It's also rather large, and while we do have the room for it in his office, it's still rather bulky. It uses 4 ink cartridges and is pretty loud as it's printing too. However, given all the capabilities of this printer, I think these minor inconveniences are to be expected.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 8, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews