U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2011, 11:47 AM

2,186 posts, read 7,532,374 times

Advertisements

Summer Infant Complete Coverage Video Monitoring System

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

My sister had one of those $30 monitoring systems for her baby that was audio only. She spent most of her time running to the baby's room to check on her or to see if the batteries were still working. It never seemed that she was very confident with the monitor, and she probably could have gotten by without it altogether.

When my baby girl was born, my sister offered her monitor to me, and although I took it, I made my husband promise to find a better one. He located the Summer Infant video monitoring system, which turned out to be the best monitor a mother could want.

It's probably more of a system than we will ever need, but I like it because I can see my baby in color and listen to her when I'm busy in another part of the house. The 7-inch screen is small enough to move from one room to another, but large enough that I can tell how she's doing. With the handheld monitor, I have the freedom to move all around the house and still be able to check on her at any time.

The feature that lets me talk to her is great because I can sometimes comfort her without going to her room. I have been outside the house when she awoke and cried. When I spoke to her over the speaker, she would calm down some until I could get to her. This system has kept her from ever crying for any long length of time.

My husband says we can actually monitor two rooms at the same time. Since we only have the one unit now, that feature would be handy for friends visiting who had babies of their own.

The Summer Infant monitor costs around $319.99, but it provides much more than that for the peace of mind in knowing when she needs me so I can be there in seconds.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 20, 2010
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews