Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2011, 03:28 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,597,714 times

Advertisements

Kalorik BL-16909 500-Watt 2-Speed Countertop Blender with 48-Ounce Glass Jar

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

I purchased the Kalorik BL-16909 500-Watt 2-Speed Countertop Blender for myself recently. I previously owned a much more expensive blender that cost roughly three times as much as this one. It couldn't thoroughly crush ice or make smoothies, required constant intervening when blending to try to get the contents consistent, and eventually the motor burned out.

I have owned the Kalorik for over a year now, and have used it to make many smoothies and margaritas as well as the occasional pesto, sauce, or soup. To date, I have been extremely happy with the blender. I rarely, if ever, need to push the contents around to ensure everything gets blended. It is certainly not whisper-quiet, but is probably a little quieter than blenders with comparable power. It mows through an entire container of ice and frozen strawberries without slowing down or struggling at all. It's easy to clean since everything comes apart.

There are a couple of minor downsides. The lid is flimsy and can be difficult to remove. I did notice that they sell a pour top on the Kalorik website, so I may pursue one of those. I would also prefer at least one additional speed. The slowest setting is still awfully fast, so that one slower speed would be useful when starting a smoothie.

Those minor issues don't detract a lot from the blender in my mind. The best part about this blender is the value it offers. It is a high-performing product at a much lower price than most comparable units. I personally wasn't willing to spend hundreds of dollars on a blender, and am very happy with the price I paid for such a functional machine. I love my new blender very much, and think its worth every penny.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 8, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews